Senior Manager of Quality, Proximo Distillers
Location:   Lawrenceburg, IN
Salary:   $110,000 - $145,000
- Have you had success in driving quality improvements in a High-Performance Organization and desire to move your next company forward?
- Do you desire to bring your knowledge to your next employer and successfully set up a North American Quality Program?
- Are you a energetic leader that wants to partner with others on the leadership team to drive growth and improved culture?
Proximo Spirits was founded in 2007 as an American Spirits Importer. Proximo Distillers Indiana is Proximo’s main bottling, warehousing and distribution facility in Lawrenceburg, Indiana. In their more than 750K square ft. facility with 250 employees, they prepare and ship all 18 different brands for Proximo Spirits.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Manager of Quality provides leadership for all of US and Canada. The right candidate will be energized by the task of designing and implementing a North American quality program that aligns with the company’s high performance organization standards. This will include creating a master plan encompassing people, systems, and processes. They will strive to fully understand the customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes. Will successfully devise and review specifications for products and processes. Must be able to diligently set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their appropriate compliance. Will be responsible for and ensures compliance with applicable regulations and customer requirements, i.e., TTB, FDA, GMP’s etc.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement effective North American quality program
- Strive to understand customer needs and requirements by soliciting feedback to assess whether their requirements are met
- Drive continuous improvement. Be an active member of the leadership team with TPM implementations
- Develop and lead a Zero Loss journey through Loss Analysis on quality related issues, i.e., cost of poor quality
- Develop processes to maximize efficiency and productivity
- Develop a plan to ensure fail safe processes via Digital Automation
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitors compliance.
- Oversee product development procedures to identify deviations from quality standards
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Supervise inspectors, technicians and other staff and provide guidance and feedback
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
- Approve the right products or reject defectives
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Quality in a manufacturing or bottling/warehouse environment. Spirits industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of supervisory/management experience required
- Previous experience with TPM, Lean Six Sigma and High-Performance Work Systems preferred
- Certification focused on Quality and Food Safety for Supply Chain Management a plus: PCQI and HACCP
- GFSI scheme management a plus
- Knowledge of laws governing the area of Quality and Food Safety in the US and Canada a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication--Communicates clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Change Management—Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results
- This position includes a very competitive base salary and bonus potential.
- Proximo is located in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and will require travel to other North American locations