Pulp and Paper Process Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH; Mobile, AL; Savannah, GA; Greenville, SC
Salary:   based on experience
Jedson Engineering is a growing EPCM company headquartered in Cincinnati for over 30 years with offices throughout the southeast. Jedson provides full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers that operate in pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets across the nation. Gilman Partners is a retained search firm in Cincinnati who is partnering with Jedson on this recruiting opportunity.
The Pulp and Paper Process Engineer will be a member of cross functional team to develop solutions and deliver details needed for the implementation, related to the production of pulp and paper products; provide engineering expertise to design new and optimize existing process systems; provide expertise in the fields of equipment throughput, reliability, and process variability. This person will mentor other Process Engineers on the team and contribute to their skills and knowledge.
- Lead or execute process designs in the form of engineering calculations documented on PFD’s, P&ID’s, general arrangement drawings, specifications, design basis, and associated lists.
- Actively participate in our internal quality assurance process by reviewing and checking process/mechanical group and interdisciplinary work products.
- Support the proposal process by providing scope descriptions, project estimates and deliverables list.
- Support the development and growth of key client relationships.
- During project execution, research and analyze data to make sound design decisions aligned with company, client, and project objectives and applicable codes.
- Drawing from experience, apply theory in a practical context to determine feasibility of design, identify potential process upsets and malfunctions incorporating appropriate remediations, and apply commercially available technology for process execution.
- Observe professional ethics, both in the application of codes and standards and personnel interactions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Pulp and Paper Science
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Paper Engineering role
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proficient with equipment and pipe sizing
- Capable of developing process deliverables, including P&IDs, and leading internal and client reviews
- Well organized and able to lead Process Engineering teams, forecast workloads and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated with a sense of urgency
- Proficient with planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating detailed phases of engineering projects
- Team player with good interpersonal skills