Purchasing & Operations Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client, Wright Brothers, Inc. is a 65-year-old privately held company based here in Cincinnati. They produce, sell and distribute high-performance specialty gases to a large base of dynamic industries including healthcare, food and beverage, floral, electronics, energy, manufacturing and others.
Wright Brothers’ national account affiliate, Wright Brothers Global Gas, provides transparent custom programs to clients with a single point of contact, single consolidated invoice, consistent material terms, and a relationship with our team of local distributors who put service first.
Wright Brothers Global Gas is able to deploy our local independent industry partners to provide product and service anywhere in the United States. From Minnesota to Florida, each individual outlet works personally with one of our independent distributors in their respective city. This results in the familiar local flexibility, service and communication.
A small staff of 6 runs Global Gas, which is a division within Wright Brothers. We are looking for a purchasing & operations manager to join Global Gas to lead the team.
Reporting to the President of Global Gas, the Manager will have many responsibilities including purchasing and financial management, managing a team of highly qualified customer care managers, special projects, and organizational leadership. The candidate should be comfortable multitasking and working cross-functionally.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Negotiate with suppliers when needed. Coordinate periodic purchasing. Ensure that all purchasing activities are executed to achieve operating and financial objectives, consistent with business strategy.
- Responsible for continued national vendor identification and relationship management to meet sourcing strategies and key objectives. Develop a database of national vendors.
- Strategically source and promote development of additional or alternate product sources to assure continuous supply and competitive pricing. Develop creative and strategic solutions to sourcing issues.
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions, anticipate market changes and recommend appropriate actions.
- Provide analysis and reporting on gross margins/profitability for product lines, customers, departments, and geographies. Make recommendations on customer pricing.
- Provide financial insight, guidance, direction, management, and recommendations. Review of P&L and forecasts.
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- Recognize/ prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Assess financial risk / rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Update, communicate and (as necessary) develop financial and operating metrics.
Customer Care Management
- Manage a team responsible for national account customer care including customer account monitoring, order entry, product delivery, and invoicing.
- Periodic communication with customer leadership when needed.
- Assist with preparing and revising customer contacts for optimal pricing/profitability.
- Manage the daily functions of the business. Identify and implement process/system improvements.
- Ensure account managers are promptly addressing customers’ request, orders, questions, and concerns in a timely and accurate manner, while exercising the highest level of service and quality
- Foster a culture of excellent service and timely feedback to customers.
- Ramp up new or growing accounts or territories—identifying and acquiring new vendors, customer relations, technology set up.
- Lead the effort to identify, acquire, and implement new software to facilitate account management. Maintain ongoing relationships with the technology vendor.
- Continually evaluate new technologies for process improvements.
- Assist hiring and onboarding new team members, assist with HR strategies and programs to strengthen the brand which may include recruiting, benefits/comp, performance management, coaching and training, and development of staff at all levels.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify company goals and measure success
- Reinforce the company’s core values throughout the organization.
- Build company morale and enhance employee engagement.
- Help to create a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree OR significant relevant functional experience
- 7+ years of experience including team management
- Experience being the face of an organization with employees, key customers, and other business partners
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering exceptional customer service
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial approach and “can do” proactive attitude
- Hands on self-starter with the ability to handle responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency in quickly changing environment.
- Must be drug and nicotine free