Location:   Charlotte NC
Salary:   based on experience
Do you have a passion for Quality? Have you been an individual contributor and you’re ready to move into a leadership role with a growing company? Maybe your experience has been through leading production or quality processes. If so, we would love to schedule a time to talk!
Our client, a state-of-the-art machine shop, services many different industries in the Southeast helping them to design and manufacture components, tooling, fixturing and final product. They specialize in engineering, fabrication and finishing focusing mostly on low-volume specialty machined parts. Our client is a division of a large organization with career advancement opportunities.
This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the quality system in compliance with ISO 9001 requirements. This position will provide expert quality leadership for all functions, while driving continuous quality improvement efforts in supporting strategic objectives regarding customer satisfaction and overall business performance.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Quality System in compliance with ISO 9001 requirements.
- Quality Liaison, requiring interaction with customers, suppliers, auditors, manufacturing, engineering, and other personnel.
- Provide expert technical leadership for GD&T and SPC implementation and interpretation.
- Lead, manage and drive continuous quality improvement efforts throughout the organization in improving the manufacturing product and processes.
- Provide technical knowledge with CMM equipment, gages, and calibration methods.
- Coach, counsel and supervise employees within the quality department while coordinating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and maintain quality initiatives in reducing costs associated with materials, products, processes, and other wastes within the organization.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with corporate support functions and leadership.
Directly supervises employees within the Quality Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities will include planning, assigning, directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; resolving conflicts and problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Degree preferred but not required.
- Three to seven years of experience in a manufacturing quality role.
- Must have working knowledge with GD&T and other quality systems.