Director of Revenue Cycle
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Director Revenue Cycle Management –Home Health Care / Home Medical Equipment
Our client, Quipt Home Medical, is a publicly traded healthcare services company that specializes in improving the home management of chronic illness through the application of telehealth systems and streamlined, automated distribution making life easier for the patient and physician.
Headquartered in Wilder, Kentucky, Quipt Home Medical is a premier provider of clinical respiratory equipment to a network of over 17,000 referring physicians across the country and oversees the delivery of nearly 250,000 pieces of equipment each year. The company operates a largely subscription-based revenue model, providing not only the
initial equipment delivery and implementation to thousands of patients each year, but also manages periodical resupply orders for patients throughout the year.
Due to continued growth, both organically and through aggressive acquisitions, Quipt Home Medical is seeking to add a Director Revenue Cycle Management to their leadership team.
The Director of Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) is a key member of the leadership team and is responsible for overall Revenue Cycle Management including providing strategic direction and leadership of operational, financial and personnel activities for Revenue Cycle across the organization. This position will assure the timely and accurate collection or reimbursement for patient services in accordance with regulatory, accounting, and contractual standards. This individual will focus on meeting the organization’s cash and revenue projections, improving net revenue and processes, and preparing the organization for future industry changes.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the vision and strategic planning process for medium to long term goals for the Revenue Cycle processes throughout the enterprise; translates strategic plans into operational plans and drives execution.
- Overall responsibility for all billing processes and collections of revenue related to patient services including service delivery, financial performance, and other compliance.
- Implement programs to optimize net revenue/revenue collections across the organization
- Keep abreast of changes in regulatory policies and revenue cycle industry changes.
- Maintain positive and effective relationships with internal customers and external customers and vendors.
- Manage offshore reimbursement outsourced vendor, ensure service level agreement metrics are being met.
- Lead billing due-diligence and post close integration for all acquisitions
- Mentor, manage and grow professional staff empowering and engaging department employees and reinforcing a team culture of accountability focused on execution.
- Recruits, hires, orients, supervises, provides ongoing performance management, and conducts performance Evaluations for the direct reports. Shares results of observations and provides coaching, guidance, and support for these staff as it relates to implementation of existing industry-standard best practices, development of innovative patient population-specific and payor-specific strategies, and other means to improve revenue cycle operations.
- Actively participates in the institution's management structure for all business units and participates in business unit meetings to provide inputs about and advocate for revenue cycle initiatives.
- Works to influence others to accept new practices, concepts, and approaches related to revenue cycle and regulatory initiatives.
- Maintains on-going awareness of current best practices and innovation and collaborates with leadership team to develop innovative strategies for improving the collection of net revenue. Guides the development of training, coaching, and educational tools to incorporate best practices within our team and the organization.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of revenue cycle experience
- 4-year degree in finance/business or related field or 10+ years of equivalent experience
- Experienced in Billing (Unbilled/Charge entry/Demographics); AR Follow-Up/Denials; Payment Post/Credit Balance
- Global Offshore management experience
- Success in managing an accountability matrix
- People management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel and web-based Business Intelligence Data sources