REDI Cincinnati - Vice President of Strategic Growth
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   $130,000 - $150,000 base plus bonus
- Do you have a passion for Greater Cincinnati?
- Do you want to help shape the future growth of the region over the next ten years?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with a talented, driven, and close-knit team?
- Are you excited to join a small, entrepreneurial organization that can make a huge impact in the region?
ABOUT REDI CINCINNATI
The Regional Economic Development Initiative (REDI) Cincinnati is the first point of contact for any company looking to locate to or expand within the 16-county Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) of Greater Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and Southeastern Indiana. An award-winning organization, REDI Cincinnati’s purpose is to unite the region to compete globally to bring job creation and capital investment to the region. They are the Southwest Ohio JobsOhio network partner.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Vice President of Strategic Growth is responsible for leading strategy development for the organization as well as managing the day-to-day operations of the Business Development team. This data-driven position will work with REDI’s President & CEO to help develop and support short-term and long-term organizational planning, strategies, and plans. Building relationships with teammates, local economic developers, state officials, site consultants and corporate executives is imperative. This is a high-profile position interacting and building relationships with REDI investors, prospects, and community leaders locally and on a national scale.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Serve as a senior advisor to the President & CEO.
- Develop strategic plans to build the future of economic development with an eye for newly developing industries and sectors.
- Help create and lead strategic initiatives that will result in the successful execution of the goals of REDI Cincinnati.
- Develop metrics for success, continuously monitor progress and adjust efforts against performance indicators.
- Monitor progress across all strategic initiatives and determine appropriate investments, partnerships, and tactics to reach REDI’s goals.
- Deepen relationships with key stakeholders including area Chambers, economic developers, public officials, higher education institutions and business leaders.
- Lead the development of the organization’s next strategic plan in partnership with an outside facilitator.
- Lead the four-person Business Development team with a focus on goal setting and providing administrative support in partnership with the President & CEO.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven record in developing and implementing strategic planning and tracking/reporting out on results
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Successful management and team leadership experience
- Direct or consultative sales experience a plus
- Economic development experience not required
- Knowledge of the region a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Technology savvy
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Natural collaborator and listener
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Hard worker who likes to win
- Relationship builder
- Holds themselves and others accountable for results
- Desire for action
- Strong business and strategic acumen
- Analytical and data driven
- Exceptionally client service oriented
This is a unique opportunity to join the leadership team of a highly regarded organization that is driving growth and creating jobs in the Greater Cincinnati region. The target base salary range is $130K - $150K plus a 12% bonus potential and a competitive benefits package including a 403b retirement plan match.
This role will work out of REDI’s office in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. The successful candidate will live in the Cincinnati region and be fully engaged in the community.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.