Regional Sales Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you ready to utilize your capital equipment sales experience in a new sales role? Are you eager to return to North American travel? Do you desire to work for a company who really appreciates their employees and honors long tenure? This could be the right opportunity for you!
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our Greater Cincinnati based, long-term client is a market leader in customized capital equipment manufacturing. In business over 180 years, the company sells into various processing industries and is currently experiencing rapid sales and profit growth both in North and South America.
Develop and manage sales of all products in assigned territory. Direct and motivate field representatives. Develop and implement strategies to grow the company’s market share in assigned markets. Manage areas of responsibility in accordance with established policies, procedures and objectives, with consideration to the safety, efficiency harmony and well-being of the Company and its employees. Adhere to high ethical business standards and applicable government laws, regulations, and codes.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sell both new equipment and processing systems directly and indirectly to all market segments.
- Manage sales activities within assigned territory to include rep training, field support, sales leads, inquiries, proposals, pricing, sales analysis, forecasting and other administrative sales activities to achieve profitable sales goals in the region.
- Sell to active, inactive and new accounts.
- In coordination with sales and marketing, develop and implement sales strategies to increase market share in the key market segments, engineering companies and other markets.
- Provide input for promotional materials and tradeshow participation for the overall marketing programs.
- Provide direction for the development of products to meet the needs and requirements as defined by the marketing plans for the key market segments and other target applications.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of customer and end user operations. Recommend ways to improve existing products and services to provide a competitive edge.
- Generate general correspondence, prepare quotations, order entry and post-sale follow-up.
- Provide customers with a high level of service and support, including technical support to solve field problems and/or application problems.
- Working with customer support, develop and maintain account relationships to accomplish the objectives and goals of the strategic business plan.
- Prepare various reports, forms, lists, field reports or documents for maintenance of records.
- Develop and complete action plans that support business plan goals.
- Assist with developing budgets for areas of responsibility. Adhere to authorized budgets and expense guidelines. Be aware of and take advantage of cost savings opportunities.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Engineering
- 5+ years of successful experience selling large, capital equipment or outside parts
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows software applications
- 40% to 50% travel is required (North America) by car and air. Occasional international travel may occur. Valid driver’s license and passport is required.