Residential Director – Children’s Behavioral Health
Location:   Columbus OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a non-profit multi-service organization in Central Ohio with more than 60 years of experience in treating children, adolescents, adults and families touched by mental illness, addiction and trauma. The organization currently operates other children’s residential programs in the region. The organization has operations throughout Central and Southern Ohio and is licensed by the Ohio Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, with programs accredited by CARF. They are also members of the Ohio Children’s Alliance and the Association of Children’s Residential Centers. The organization is recognized statewide as being innovative and for challenging the status quo in pursuit of prudent opportunities to expand services through strategic partnerships and training with other thought leaders in the mental health field.
Based out of this location, the organization currently provides prevention, outreach, outpatient and day treatment services to children and families struggling with trauma and other mental and behavioral health issues. Building out the residential treatment program for boys and girls ages five to twelve is integral to meeting the immediate needs of the surrounding community, as well as 50+ additional counties referring children across the state.
Reporting to the organization’s CEO, the Residential Director will oversee the day to day operations and ensure long term sustainability of the program. The existing facility has 40 beds to be brought into an established continuum of care.
The Residential Director is responsible for the delivery of high-quality professional services, the fiscal integrity of the facility, and the development of a competent and engaged staff. The Residential Director’s primary objective is to attract, train and retain a highly qualified multidisciplinary team to manage the program and establish a culture of caring and excellence. He/she is responsible for understanding trends in the field and having the vision to recommend new strategies that are consistent with the mission.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and executes a plan to build the management team of the facility including program manager/s, clinical director, therapists, teachers, and administrative support.
- Maintains a sound plan of organization and provides for management development that will ensure the continuing effectiveness of the program.
- Responds respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, classes, races, ethnic backgrounds, and religions in a manner that recognizes, affirms, and values the worth of individuals, families, and communities, and protects and preserves the dignity of all.
- Adheres to ethical standards of professionalism, including maintaining confidentiality of each child and their family, in compliance with HIPAA regulations and organizational policies.
- Works with Program Directors throughout the organization to ensure continuity of service delivery.
- Monitors program to ensure maximum benefit to clients and community and recommends modifications where appropriate.
- Demonstrates impact and outcomes to key stakeholders.
- Administers the program within the budgetary provisions.
Community Engagement and Strategic Growth
- Represents and advocates for the program in its relationship with clients, vendors, funding sources, other agencies, and the community at large.
- Keeps a pulse on trends in community services and behavioral healthcare to recommend strategic growth opportunities for the program, including partnerships with other entities.
- Helps to increase the program’s visibility and awareness in the community through effective partnerships and community engagement.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in a behavioral science or related field
- Five years’ experience in a residential treatment program
- Experience working with children ages five to twelve
- Five or more years’ experience demonstrating supervisory skills and broad level personnel management
- Strong financial acumen
- Effective communicator with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Well-networked in relevant Ohio communities and organizations a plus
- Understanding of managed care and government reimbursement policies a plus
OTHER: The organization offers a full benefit package including generous PTO, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, health, vision and dental insurance, 401k with employer match. The organization qualifies for the federal student aid public service loan forgiveness program. Relocation assistance will be offered to qualified candidates.