Rhinestahl Corporation Corporate Controller
Location:   Mason OH
Salary:   $160,000 - $200,000 + Bonus
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Rhinestahl Corporation, formed in 1967, is a privately held company with headquarters in Mason, Ohio and multiple facilities worldwide. What began as a small tool shop has grown into a global supplier of some of the most complex tooling equipment serving global clients in the industry. Since its formation, Rhinestahl has prided itself on its entrepreneurial and can-do culture.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Rhinestahl is looking for a Corporate Controller to lead the global accounting function in support of the company’s vision and strategy. The Controller will have responsibility for global activities including accounting, audit, tax, credit management, and compliance. This position will serve as a partner to the senior leadership team, managers, and all associates and will develop, implement, and sustain best-in-class processes across the organization focused on delivering business results. This leader should be customer driven and viewed as a strategic business partner that is vital to the organization’s success. The Corporate Controller will:
- Lead and contribute to the completion of the periodic financial closing process including the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and review of results to ensure accuracy and integrity in financial information.
- Oversee domestic and international entities and ensure compliant accounting and business practices and processes including tax requirements.
- Ensure internal controls are in place and working effectively.
- Lead and partner with auditors on audit activities including but not limited to financial, tax, and compliance.
- Lead an effective team that is business savvy, proactive, and responsive. Manage and develop the accounting staff, as well as indirectly manage international service partners and teams.
- Lead the effort to deploy LEAN concepts in financial processes and manages resources to continuously improve business processes and internal controls.
- Serve as a confidant to the leadership team on all aspects of accounting and related compliance ensuring that the department has the talent, systems, processes, and commitment necessary to achieve its strategy.
- Work with a continuous improvement mindset seeking innovation that improves departmental and business performance.
- Work with teams to develop standard and job costing processes including rate structures for labor, material, and overhead.
- Provide analysis of manufacturing performance and provides insights to team to enhance operating results.
- Oversee credit and collection activity, with a focus on improving aging, DSO and cash flows.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Rhinestahl’s Controller will be an exceptional leader with strong business acumen, strategic insight, and sound judgment. S/he will have a minimum of 10 years of accounting/finance, with at least 2 years in Controller or similar role, including international business operations. This person must be able to work with a variety of organizational leaders to build consensus around the accounting departments’ strategy and objectives. In addition, this leader will be a proactive and a creative problem solver with an ability to deal with ambiguity. S/he will be able to work through roadblocks and remove obstacles in a culturally appropriate way. S/he will have an intuitive nature, yet tenaciously seek data and facts to make recommendations and reinforce decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA and/or MBA desirable
- 10+ years of related experience within accounting field
- Work experience in the distribution and manufacturing field
- Strong technical skills in all Finance areas such as administration, accounting, controlling
- Proficient with ERP systems and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Proven leadership skills and management experience with an ability to recruit, develop, motivate, and retain a high performing financial team
- Problem solving—the individual can identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and gather and analyze information skillfully
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans
- Highly ethical, can be trusted to maintain financial integrity; disciplined and compliant with company regulations and policies
- Strong communications skills, both written and oral. Act as a confident and effective communicator who is able to engage with all levels of the organization
- Be a strong manager who is fair and consistent, builds collaborative teams, sets clear goals, motivates develops and mentors, and holds people accountable for results
- Be strategic, innovative and have the ability to create new ideas and be outcomes driven
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
This role will be based in Mason, and at this time hybrid working arrangements are not available. However, Rhinestahl’s employees value their work life balance so work flexibility is provided as needed by the employee.