Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Buckhorn, a Myers Industries, Inc. company (NYSE: MYE), is one of North America’s leading providers of reusable plastic packaging systems, helping customers in the manufacturing, distribution and food industries improve supply chain performance and reduce material handling costs.
A unique opportunity to sell a more efficient, safer, and reusable packaging solution to the world’s biggest brands.
This role will be a leader in Buckhorn’s IBC efforts to create reusable packaging conversions and expand relationships with large Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) accounts. Focusing on three to five customers, the National Accounts Manager is responsible for penetrating large food and beverage customers, leading packaging projects, and achieving sales growth.
You will focus on the key decision makers at account offices, while coordinating and trialing with local stakeholders at operational locations.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Win new reusable packaging opportunities with large CPG companies.
- Hunts and penetrates large CPG companies at all levels to generate and advance IBC packaging conversion projects. Develops and nurtures strong customer contacts and positive, productive, and professional relationships with multiple levels of customer management.
- Translates and quantifies the value proposition – applies Buckhorn’s IBC solutions to tangible and compelling customer needs. Aligns product positioning with both the customers’ corporate strategy and quantifiable improvements within their supply chain.
- Deep understanding of the value Buckhorn’s IBC products create for specific customers and how to sell/price based on that value.
- Develops and champions specific account strategies to win new business and accelerate adoption cycles.
- Creates customer-specific action plans with key accountabilities and timing to drive customer trial and adoption.
- Coordinates the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’ expectations.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of strategic sales experience in a business-to business sales environment.
- Hunter mentality
- Selling experience to large Food & Beverage customers (i.e. Kellogg’s, Unilever, PepsiCo, General Mills, ConAgra), demonstrated proficiency penetrating and selling beyond the customer’s Purchasing Department.
- Experience in Challenger Selling and/or Solution Selling, Miller Heiman Strategic and/or Conceptual Selling
- PC proficiency, including Excel and PowerPoint . Experience managing sales process with CRM programs.
- 50% Travel