School Outfitters - Staff Accountant
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you looking to be challenged and to have the opportunity for professional development?
- Join an organization that encourages a healthy work life balance
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Based in Cincinnati, School Outfitters is a leading online retailer of school furniture and equipment. Since 1998, they have delivered seamless, enterprise-level project services that include marketing, product management, international sourcing, I.T., sales, accounting, and in-house customer service. Their experts handle new construction, renovations, or transaction projects with customized care – whether it’s for a single classroom or an entire school. They have the resources and knowledge to manage your product research and selection, room design, installation and more.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Staff Accountant is responsible for corporate indirect tax compliance and filings. Other responsibilities include general accounting, monthly reconciliation, account analysis, and process improvements for several legal entities. The Staff Accountant will:
- Investigate and resolve reconciling items on assigned accounts.
- Review, verify, and upload sales tax documents.
- Prepare monthly sales tax reconciliation.
- Prepare multi-state sales tax returns.
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents for accounting policies and controls.
- Producing financial statements for review.
- Support team on month-end close procedures for multiple companies.
- Partner with the accounting team to prepare for external audit and reporting schedules.
- Support other accounting and initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the manager.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, minimum 3.3 GPA
- 1+ years’ experience of relevant accounting experience
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP accounting policies and practices
- Experience with Thomson Reuters OneSource tax software a plus
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately complete high volume of work in a deadline driven environment
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
The Staff Accountant will work at a Cincinnati Enquirer “Top Workplace” winning company, where they challenge their employees to excel and support them to achieve great things. School Outfitters is a company that encourages a healthy balance between professional and personal lives.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.