Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst - Atlanta 3PL Company
Location:   Conley, GA
Salary:   based on experience
Our client, The Castellini Company, is one of the premier privately held companies in Cincinnati with facilities in Northern KY and Atlanta, GA area and over 400 employees. Over 100 years old, they are entering a period of tremendous growth that encompasses new products and services, expansion into new geographies, and new talent and systems across the company. To better align and serve their customers, they are transitioning from a commercial wholesale distributor to a 3PL service provider. They offer services that include contract and outsourced production/packing, warehousing, supply chain/logistics, and transportation.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant/Financial Analyst to join to team at the Atlanta facility (located in Conley, GA). This position is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial information for management use, maintaining, and ascertaining the integrity of accounting records for the purpose of compiling, reconciling, adjusting and/or reclassifying accounting and operational information to meet company and reporting requirements. This person will be expected to collaborate with various departments and are responsible for understanding company operations and the impact to reporting.
The Accountant/Analyst will report to the Controller based in Cincinnati, with a strong dotted line and daily interaction with the Atlanta facility Plant Manager.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including variances, understanding financial statements within the context of internal reporting requirements and compliance with GAAP
- Manage month-end close
- Maintain internal controls and safeguards of company property and accuracy of financial information
- Support audits by providing requested information
- Set up new process and procedures and identify opportunities for operational improvements
- Liaison with other departments to complete any ad-hoc analysis as needed
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Financial Systems and Excel proficiency required (VLOOKUP, Data extraction and manipulation, etc.)
- General Ledger, Financial Reporting, GAAP, and Tax experience
- Experience with month and year-end close processes and balance sheet reconciliations
- Budgeting and forecasting experience