Senior Associate - Capital Markets
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a privately held commercial real estate developer and investor with six decades of experience building across sectors, cycles, and states. They have built over 25M square feet of commercial space in 20 states across sectors including lodging, office, industrial, residential, and sports and entertainment. Its portfolio exceeds $1B, largely in the office and hotel sectors as well as land held for future development.
The Senior Associate, Capital Markets will partner with and support the Senior Vice President, Strategic Capital in the company’s efforts to grow, identify, and engage new investor relationships with high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and institutional sources as well as maintain and expand existing relationships.
This position will also play a key role in analyzing, evaluating, and closing new investment opportunities in sectors including hotel, office, and multifamily projects.
Combining elements of capital raising, acquisitions, investor relations, analysis, sales, and marketing, this role requires a broad skillset from an individual with high energy and drive, polished communication, strong analytical abilities, and sharp attention to detail.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Grow the company’s investor base by researching, identifying, contacting, and setting meetings with high-net-worth individuals, family offices, and institutional sources as well as potential referral sources, including financial advisors, attorneys, and other professional service providers
- Coordinate investor meetings and roadshows, and maintain investor contacts and records of activity
- Assist with creating and maintaining marketing materials, including company presentations, pitch books, investment summaries, fund offering documents, and due diligence materials
- Support preparation of quarterly and annual investor materials for active investments, and respond to investor questions and requests
- Collaborate with company personnel to analyze and verify investment track record and performance
- Prepare detailed financial models and analysis for new acquisitions and development projects
- Conduct market research to develop and validate transaction assumptions
- Assist with preparing investment materials for internal executive and board presentations, tracking and coordinating acquisition due diligence, and facilitating transaction closings
- Travel to client meetings, project sites, and conferences as needed
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in real estate, finance, business, economics, or related fields
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience, ideally in commercial real estate, finance, investment banking, and/or investor relations
- Commercial real estate underwriting experience preferred.
- Argus modeling experience a plus.
- High integrity, self-motivated, proactive, resourceful individual with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Outgoing and friendly personality with polished verbal, written, and presentation skills. Sales experience a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with sharp attention to detail
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint