Senior Design Engineer
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Are you ready to take your career to the next step? Do you want to design equipment for a manufacturing company that allows and expects you to interact on the manufacturing floor on a regular basis? Do you want to be the “go-to” engineer the manager needs to represent the department both internally and with customers? Do you desire to work for a company that really appreciates their employees and honors long tenure? This could be the right opportunity for you!
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our Greater Cincinnati based long term client is a market leader in customized capital equipment manufacturing. In business over 180 years, the company sells into various processing industries and is currently experiencing rapid sales and profit growth both in North and South America.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Sr. Design Engineer designs new products and makes improvements to existing products. Evaluates products and parts for processes, cost efficiency and reliability and ensure project completion. Will maintain a thorough knowledge of company’s products and equipment capabilities, in addition to a thorough knowledge of engineering disciplines affecting equipment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create or oversee layout, general arrangement, assembly, and piece detail drawings utilizing AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor for in-house and outside manufacturing, resulting in complete, accurate, consistent, timely and efficient production drawings.
- Check detail drawings for assemblies on general arrangement for others and self, as required
- Communicate with other departments and vendors regarding timing and availability of items
- Plan, schedule and coordinate technical and management aspects of projects
- Design and detail product components
- Utilize ERP for in-house and outside manufacturing, resulting in complete and accurate bills of material
- Resolve problems and answer questions of other departments concerning drawings
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and attend designated training classes
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer and vendor facilities
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a production environment with large capital equipment. Rotating, high-speed equipment experience preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Mechanical, Inventor, and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to cooperate and interact with others as a team player
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to read and understand flow, layout, general arrangement and detail drawings, ability to learn quickly with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changes, be open, and to take initiative to identify problems before they occur. Be self-starting and self-managing