Senior Operations Manager/Operations Manager
Location:   Indianapolis, IN
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a fanatic about providing unmatched customer service to demanding clientele?
- Do you bring an owner’s mentality to work every day?
- Are you excited about working for an ethical and highly respected service provider?
- Can you embrace and lead a diverse and distributed team of supervisors and hourly employees?
- Have you been successful managing multi-location operations?
- Is the idea of having weekends off attractive to you?
If you’ve answered yes to all the above, read on….
CLIENT SUMMARY: Our client is a dynamic and innovative, privately held Midwestern company that has been providing facility services to corporate offices for more than 50 years. They exclusively focus on medical and Class A office space in both multi-tenanted and owner-occupied facilities. Indianapolis is their largest market, and they are poised for additional growth.
THE OPPORTUNITY: Our client seeks a motivated and detail-oriented person to lead by example and contribute to significant quality control and customer service. The Operations Manager will provide hands-on leadership to supervisors and hourly employees and strive to maintain a standard of excellence to meet and/or exceed the satisfaction demands of their clients. The candidate will also pursue and lead strong customer relationships to ensure extended account retention and growth from existing clients.
JOB SUMMARY: The Operations Manager will oversee a number of significant projects and manage a team of supervisors and hourly employees with a focus on quality, process and systems compliance and total client satisfaction. This position requires humble yet inspirational leadership and presents a wide array of challenges that will drive professional development and growth.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign work tasks and regularly inspect results to ensure timely and quality task completion
- Adjust work tasks as goals change or are not being satisfactorily met
- Promote a high level of quality and customer service; looks for ways to improve
- Proactively and precisely engage with clients to ensure high levels of satisfaction; attention to detail regarding communications, whether verbal or written, is critical
- Train new employees and make personnel recommendations to the Regional Director
- Identify and handle employee issues
- Organize employee schedules
- Ensure work is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with cleaning when needed
- Supplies -- ensure accounts are properly stocked and ensure staff has proper supplies and working tools
- Reports equipment malfunctions and job site hazards to manager to avoid service disruptions
- Safety and Security -- Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Organizational Support – Follow policies and procedures
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with and love for leading a diverse team of hourly employees
- Demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional client service
- High energy, with ability to work a varied schedule between days and evenings based on operational demands
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Managing teams at multiple locations a plus
- Experience in the hospitality industry (hotels, restaurants, catering) a plus
OTHER COMMENTS: This is a key management role in a company that is prime for growth. The successful candidate will have the opportunity for significant financial and professional growth.