Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you energized by a fast-paced, results-driven culture?
- Are you ready to help propel a market leader to the next level of growth?
- Have you been the face of a company with key customers, suppliers, community partners and other important stakeholders?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Sims-Lohman is a Cincinnati-based, family-owned fabricator/installer of granite and quartz countertops and distributor/installer of cabinets. The company provides products and services to custom and production home builders, designers, architects, home center stores, and professional remodelers from 24 showrooms, eight state-of-the-art fabrication facilities, and five large distribution facilities spread across a six-state region. Sims-Lohman enjoys a robust growth trajectory buoyed by its 50-year commitment to earning trust with customers throughout the home building and remodeling industry. With more than 500 team members, they have consistently ranked among the fastest growing companies in America on the Inc. 5000 list.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Presidentprovides overall leadership and oversees the organization’s ongoing financial and operational procedures. The President manages a leadership team of eight, reports directly to the CEO, and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations. This role is responsible for the efficiency of the business, which includes maintaining control of diverse business operations.
By setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, the President leads team members and encourages maximum performance and dedication. This role is a high-visibility position, requiring strong communication skills and the responsibility of positively representing the organization in the community. The President will:
- Promote safe operation of the organization including sales teams, distribution centers, fabricating operations, and installation teams.
- Drive the company to achieve and surpass sales, profitability, cash flow and business goals and objectives.
- Oversee the overall business operation strategy including acquisitions, which are crucial for continued growth and success.
- Establish policies and procedures that promote company culture and vision.
- Approve financial and operational policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position.
- Analyze and interpret data and metrics that result in comprehensive goals for business growth and success.
- Support teams in development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, and goals to ensure alignment with company objectives.
- Design, plan and implement business strategies, plans, and procedures.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement plans for the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and staff.
- Approve major capital expenditure projects (e.g. plant lay-out changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, system improvements, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with partners and vendors.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities in a privately held or family-owned manufacturing or distribution business
- Proven success in overall financial management with P&L responsibility for a $100 million+ business or division
- Ability to recognize and cultivate rising talent
- Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in pressure situations
- High-level understanding of all business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Marketing, and Sales
- Early career in Finance and/or Accounting would be a plus
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and public speaking skills, both practiced and impromptu
- Knowledge of modern production scheduling, lean manufacturing and safe workplace requirements strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field preferred
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Strong project management skills, with emphasis on planning and milestone achievement
- Proven ability to drive and attain results
- Excellent problem solving/analysis skills
- Ability to gain personal credibility with team members
- Good stress management/composure skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel in particular
- Make a positive impact on the growth of the business and the lives of 500+ team members
- Enjoy financial success through a competitive base salary, bonus, and long-term incentive
- Collaborate and celebrate with a talented leadership team that works hard but also likes to have fun
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
The President will work from the Cincinnati headquarters location and will travel to the regional offices as required. Relocation assistance will be provided.