Senior Director of Finance
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Combine your passion for the education, well-being and success of children with your accounting leadership skills
- Work with a dedicated and caring team
- Become an integral contributor within a highly regarded organization motivated by its commitment to the community
- Assume financial and accounting responsibility of the entire organization and will have the opportunity to grow into the CFO role
- If you are a professional who can lead the financial stability of the organization as well as lead the day-to-day operation from a technical perspective, this role will provide those opportunities
CLIENT SUMMARY: Learning Grove develops and supports innovative quality learning experiences that empower children, youth, and families across diverse communities. Two nonprofit agencies devoted to high quality education united to expand services and increase advocacy for thousands of families in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky region.
Together the agencies have been serving more than 3200 children in their early care and education programs annually. Both agencies’ program continuum serves children and families prenatally through college and career-readiness using holistic and innovative programming. Their most well-known services include childcare, preschool, before and after school care, parenting supports, professional coaching, and college/career planning.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: Reporting to the CFO, the Sr. Director of Finance will oversee a team of 4-5 team members. The overall responsibility includes:
- Finance and Accounting Operations
- Establish and maintain accounting systems, procedures, and policies for organization
- Supervise and manage a financial staff of professionals
- Ensure the completion of all financial audits and the fulfillment of external reporting requirements to maintain compliance
- Oversee all financial software and systems to ensure compatibility and combined reporting
- Analyzes, interprets, and communicates financial operating results to provide information and guidance to senior leadership
- Provides supervision, leadership, and support to reporting department staff.
- Budgeting and Strategic Planning
- Oversee the budgeting process and periodic forecast, establishing targets and working with line management to achieve objectives
- Direct cash management and utilize cash flows projections to assess cash needs
- Board and Senior Leadership Communication
- Advise senior staff and the Board of Trustees on financial matters
- Provide financial reports, as required, to senior staff and Board of Trustees, assessing the organization’s financial position
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CEO and CFO
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or other-related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to oversee financial and accounting responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for results-oriented performance
- Strong team management skills, and a desire for creating a management environment centered on continuous improvement in all areas of operation
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with all constituents, as well as co-workers throughout the organization
- Significant, progressive and successful experience in a similar position within a service based not-for-profit organization
- Knowledge of nonprofit, grant, and fund accounting as well as financial reporting
- Advanced ability to prioritize your own wide-ranging workload and work independently
- Ability to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality regarding business and staff information.
- Advanced ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to a wide range of audiences, including presentation and facilitation skills, and to translate financial terms into understandable terms for department managers.
- See your efforts have a direct impact on the lives of children every day
- Work collaboratively with a passionate group of staff members, Board members and volunteers
- Grow professionally as you help the organization grow and thrive in a dynamic childcare environment