Staff Accountant-Client Accounting and Advisory Services
Location:   Toledo, OH
Salary:   based on experience
GBQ has been a top tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 65 years. They are driven by the outcomes they know can change the lives of those they work with and for. They have learned that this is what matters most to their stakeholders, along with a very clear purpose: to empower the growth of their people, communities, and their clients’ businesses. It is why they exist – to drive and inspire their people, clients, and community every day.
The role of the Staff Accountant is to support clients in a variety of accounting projects, which would include performing general accounting, month-end close functions, preparing financial statements, and performing other special accounting projects as needed. The Client Accounting & Advisory Services Staff Accountant focuses on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General accounting services including bank reconciliation, accounts receivable/payable, monthly close process and compiling financial statements.
- Knowledge of accrual accounting.
- Prepare financial and operational consulting reports.
- Prepare sales tax, use tax, commercial activity tax (CAT), and payroll tax returns.
- Train and assist clients with bookkeeping tasks in various accounting software including QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience and/or 1- 3years of experience as successful bookkeeper or accountant.
- Proficiency in use of QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, and Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word. Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor preferred but not required.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage a number of projects at once.
- Confidence to work with a variety of clients (internal and external).
- Ability to work well independently and complete projects in a timely manner.