Stedman Machine - Innovative Processing Solutions Project Manager
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you ready to take your engineering skills to the next level?
- Do you want to expand your career with a dynamic, growing company that is collaborative between all functions and truly believes in the team environment?
- Do you want to be part of a team of five Project Managers working together to deliver world class processing systems?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Stedman Machine one of our longest-term clients, is a market leader in customized size reduction technology and industrial crushing equipment manufacturing. In business over 180 years, Stedman Machine sells into various processing industries and is currently experiencing rapid sales and profit growth both in North and South America. Their Innovative Processing Solutions division designs, procures, assembles, and delivers world class industrial full processing systems to a variety of industries.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Project Manager is responsible for coordination of all technical activities on assigned Innovative projects. This role plans schedules, conducts and coordinates assigned engineering work, monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Innovative standards. The Project Manager ensures effective communication and coordination on assigned projects between all disciplines and project participants. This person will make certain that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants and that requirements of Innovative contracts are being fulfilled. The ideal candidate will utilize technical knowledge and awareness of details to be able to recognize when technical problems are developing and be able to initiate appropriate corrective action. The Project Manager will:
- Create or oversee system flow, system layout, general arrangement, assembly and piece detail drawings utilizing Inventor and/or AutoCAD for in-house and outside steel fabrication and erection, resulting in complete, accurate, consistent, timely and efficient production and sales drawings.
- Manage weekly project status reports and change orders.
- Monitor and track project budgets.
- Participate in regular customer/contractor meetings and resolve customer/engineering and management project issues.
- Review and approve project invoices.
- Prepare Innovative project proposals.
- Create and enter bills of material, using ERP for in-house and outside steel fabrication and erection, resulting in complete, accurate, consistent, timely and efficient bills of material.
- Communicate with other departments and vendors regarding timing and availability of items.
- Resolve problems and answer questions of other departments concerning all aspects of the project.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company.
- Occasionally travel to job sites and/or to initial sales meeting with prospective customers or suppliers.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proficient on 3D Modeling, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office. Aggflow, structural analysis software and CEMA standards would be a plus but not a requirement
- Experience working with multiple discipline projects
- Exposure to industries including particle size reduction equipment, material handling and/or conveyors (CEMA), screening/particle size separation, dust control, steel structure design (AISC), concrete foundations or power/controls instrumentation would be a plus
- BS Engineering
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to interact with others as a “team player”
- Ability to learn quickly
- General problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to changes
- Self-starter and self-managing
- Ability to take initiative and to identify problems before they occur
Work with a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is a leader in their industry. Be part of a vibrant team that works collaboratively across all functions of the company. Enjoy the opportunity to build strong relationships inside the company on the plant floor, with sales reps and the purchasing organization. Interact on a regular basis with the President and leadership team with an open-door policy.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.