Location:   Toledo, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION: Tax Manager
GBQ has been a top tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 65 years. They are driven by the outcomes they know can change the lives of those they work with and for. They have learned that this is what matters most to their stakeholders, along with a very clear purpose: to empower the growth of their people, communities, and their clients’ businesses. It is why they exist – to drive and inspire their people, clients, and community every day.
The role of the Tax Manager is to oversee all aspects of the tax planning, preparation and review process for all tax engagements. Individual also oversees all miscellaneous tax projects and conducts complex tax research to support the client’s tax compliance and reporting. Perform review of all tax workpapers and returns and ensure that all review comments are cleared prior to filing. Maintain client relationships and assist firm leadership in identifying new work and assist in obtaining new engagements. Focus on four major initiatives established by the firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all aspects of tax engagements including tax planning, preparation and review of corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns
- Prepare complex corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns and perform necessary tax planning and research.
- Supervise and review all work of seniors, staff, and interns on assigned client engagements.
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring training and supporting development of seniors, staff and interns.
- Communicate status of work, problems, and findings to both internal GBQ management and clients.
- Collaborate with firm leaders, other departments and client leadership to identify issues and develop and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Review engagement profitability and prepare and analyze monthly billing for assigned engagements.
- Develop and deliver executive presentations, summaries of financial information and lead client and internal meetings.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- Strong proficiency in federal, state and local tax issues.
- Strong proficiency with tax research software packages and strong working knowledge of federal tax code and regulations.
- Approximately 5-7 years of public accounting experience in tax.