Location:   Toledo, OH
Salary:   based on experience
GBQ has been a top tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 65 years. They are driven by the outcomes they know can change the lives of those they work with and for. They have learned that this is what matters most to their stakeholders, along with a very clear purpose: to empower the growth of their people, communities, and their clients’ businesses. It is why they exist – to drive and inspire their people, clients, and community every day.
The role of the Tax Partner is to drive profitability and successful growth of GBQ’s tax practice while supervising and mentoring Managers, Seniors, and Staff. Possess excellent technical skills and technical or industry specialization. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee preparation and detail review of corporate, partnership, trust, and individual income tax returns.
- Identify complex tax issues and provide tax planning and expertise to diverse middle-market client base.
- Develop overall approaches and oversee delegation of tasks for completion of assigned client engagements.
- Delegate client service tasks to team members effectively and supply resources needed by associates to produce expected results and obtain set goals.
- Consistently achieve targets for realization, utilization, and collection of A/R established by department.
- Represent firm and build relationships by attending fundraisers, meetings with prospects/bankers, charitable events, professional organizations, etc.
- Increase firm revenue by obtaining new clients for department, increasing service offerings to existing clients, and obtaining cross-selling engagements.
- Analyze transactions, formulate tax-planning strategies, and perform tax reviews to satisfy the client’s business and tax objectives.
- Ensure all supervisors prepare and deliver objective and candid performance evaluations to direct reports and identify coaching and mentoring opportunities to assist in development of the associate.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA.
- Strong proficiency in federal, state, and local tax issues.
- Strong proficiency with tax research software packages and strong working knowledge of federal tax code and regulations.
- 12+ years of financial audit experience in public accounting.