Location:   Toledo, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION: Tax Senior
GBQ has been a top tax, accounting, and consulting firm for more than 65 years. They are driven by the outcomes they know can change the lives of those they work with and for. They have learned that this is what matters most to their stakeholders, along with a very clear purpose: to empower the growth of their people, communities, and their clients’ businesses. It is why they exist – to drive and inspire their people, clients, and community every day.
The role of the Tax Senior is to actively participate and, in many cases, oversee the completion of tax returns, tax planning and other miscellaneous projects for clients in various industries. Perform review of tax workpapers and various tax returns, prepare complex tax returns and assist Tax management Team with all aspects of tax engagements. Focus on four major initiatives established by the Firm: Profitability, Practice Growth; Client Focus; and Brand Culture/Development.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete analysis and prepare various returns including corporate, partnership, trust and individual income tax returns.
- Supervise and review work of other tax seniors, tax staff and/or interns on assigned client engagements
- Responsible for training of tax staff and interns.
- Consult and communicate with department leaders and client personnel to complete engagements.
- Complete engagements within established budget and monitor and report the actual hours incurred compared to the budget and progress of assigned client engagements.
WORK EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- BA or BS in accounting or a related field.
- Must be a CPA or successfully passed two sections of the CPA exam.
- Strong proficiency in the use of technology and basic PC applications (Excel, Word).
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience in corporate, partnership, trust and individual tax preparation.