The Glen at St. Joseph - Program Services Manager
Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have a passion for and commitment to helping mothers and their children?
- Are you looking to grow your faith through meaningful work?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Glen at St. Joseph was made for mothers who want to improve their lives. While they live at The Glen, mothers work toward earning a certificate or a degree. The Glen program provides resources, tools, and support from people who truly care about mothers’ and children’s well-being and growth. The Glen at St. Joseph provides a safe and secure environment for single mothers raising children on their own. They provide the support to build their future story. The Glen’s vision is to be the bridge for mothers and children as they journey out of poverty, with a mission to serve mothers and children with hope and inspiration as they build resources for their future story.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Program Services Manager will ensure the effective development, delivery and evaluation of services and programming for The Glen residents and will assist with providing supervision and direct services in the resident development process. The Program Services Manager will:
- Ensure that the vision and the mission of The Glen are fulfilled through each element of assistance offered to residents.
- Provide leadership and initiative for development and delivery of The Glen’s residential programming.
- Participate in the intake, screening, assessment, and selection of The Glen candidates for program admission alongside Program Services Director and Executive Director.
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings concerning the revision and expansion of existing programs and offer recommendations for improvement.
- Gather data and provide comprehensive reports on a regular basis to the Program Services Director regarding all new and current residents regarding, and their status and growth within residential programming.
- Foster and maintain a close relationship with the residential staff including Coaches, Clinical Services Supervisor, and Community Resource Coordinator.
- In conjunction with the Program Services Director, review and approve all coaching and clinical documentation. Conduct regular quality assurance and quality improvement reviews to ensure that all record-keeping is performed on a timely basis.
- Actively recommend, plan, and implement innovations alongside the Program Services Director that improves results with the intent to drive engagement of potential and new residents into the programming.
- Collaborate with the Program Services Director to develop, document, and communicate standard programming policies and procedures.
- Manage The Glen evaluation program for the organization, which entails working closely with the Accounting/Finance and Human Resources staff.
- Assist the residents in the development and achievement of individualized goals. Use inquiry, reflection, and discussion to help residents identify personal, educational, parental, and relationship goals, and assist in creating action plans to achieve those goals.
- Maintain appropriate licensures or certifications, Continuing Educational Unit (CEU) requirements, state licensing training requirements, etc.
- Potentially serve as the backup to the Program Services Director for decision-making which may include but is not limited to, organizational and financial decisions.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences required. Master’s degree in field is preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in the Human Services field, which includes supervision of others, direct service, and program planning.
- Must hold one of the following licenses: Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Clinic Counselor (LPCC)
- Must complete forty (40) hours of Foundational Coaching classes to become a Certified Life Coach through the International Coach Training Federation. Certification must be completed within two years of hire.
- Must have proven literacy and ability with a variety of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite) applications and critical thinking processes.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Possess a basic understanding of the social service network in Montgomery County.
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding the organization, residents, and other stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and unique approaches to match the needs of each individual family’s goals.
- Be a leader in the innovative Two-Generation Coaching Model at the Glen.
- Manage a team of professionals dedicated to changing lives for generations to come.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.