Chief Human Resource Officer - TQL (Total Quality Logistics)
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
• Are you motivated by the opportunity to lead the HR and organizational function for the largest private company in Greater Cincinnati?
• Are you driven to achieve profitable growth through a dynamic and fast-paced organization?
• Do you want a “seat at the table” with a talented, passionate, and tenured senior leadership team?
Total Quality Logistics (TQL) is a multi-billion-dollar leader in the third-party logistics industry. Their fast-paced, energetic sales team and state-of-the-art technology have propelled them from a Cincinnati startup to the second largest freight brokerage firm in the nation with over 5,000 employees operating in 53 markets. Fierce dedication to Winning Principles – proactive communication, integrity, and teamwork – gives TQL the edge to continually exceed the expectations of employees, customers, and carriers. Be part of a leadership team and culture that takes pride in their people and the industry-leading transportation services they provide 24/7/365.
As the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), you will be responsible for the strategic direction of Human Resources, ensuring all initiatives are aligned with business objectives. This includes consulting with business leaders at all levels to build the talent and level of accountability required to continuously achieve profitable results. Operational responsibilities will include employee relations, succession planning, diversity and inclusion initiatives, HRIS, compensation and benefits, HR compliance, and payroll. In addition to these responsibilities, you will consult with business leaders to improve recruiting, training, and retention. The CHRO will be a member of the senior leadership team and a key contributor to the company’s strategy and growth.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the leadership, organization, development, direction, and day-to-day management of TQL’s HR functions
• Direct and deliver HR programs and strategies that support a high-performance culture of exceeding expectations, integrity, teamwork, and customer service
• Provide counsel, guidance, and assistance for all employee relations
• Provide leadership to the HR team by developing a high-performing, service-focused, and team-oriented department culture
• Develop effective and competitive compensation programs to attract and retain employees with skills needed to execute the company’s growth strategy
• Build effective relationships across the organization to improve communication and identify key issues and priorities
• Leverage technology to drive change, simplify processes, lower operating costs, and improve operational efficiencies
• Oversee diversity and inclusion functions, strategies, and initiatives
• Work with the legal team to protect the company by ensuring corporate compliance with federal and local employment laws
• Select, develop, and motivate an effective and collaborative HR leadership team, and delegate appropriately to accomplish company and department objectives
• Recommend succession planning initiatives to increase the organization’s human capital, accelerate development of key individuals, and retain top talent
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Experience leading Human Resources and building a world class organization in a high-volume business and tenacious sales culture
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• 10+ years of executive leadership in Human Resources with 15 – 20+ years of overall business experience
• Proven talent of developing scalable strategies for total reward plans, employee relations, payroll, and HRIS for a large organization
• Successful history of building and managing highly effective teams
• Adept experience working with business leaders to develop collaborative solutions to business and organizational needs
• High sense of urgency, roll-up-the-sleeves mentality, excellent communication skills, and a servant leadership style
• Ability to travel throughout the year to TQL offices across the country
• Strong business and financial acumen to effectively align HR with organizational goals
The successful candidate will:
• Drive results - exhibit a high sense of urgency
• Collaborative and influential - proactively builds ongoing partnerships with key sales leaders to help enable and support growth
• Develop people – have a clear understanding of team capabilities and potential to develop organizational bench strength
• Humility – puts success of company and team above his/her own personal success, servant leader
• Integrity – embodies and practices unquestionable ethics
• Work ethic – in a 24/7 environment, extremely committed to the success of the organization and willing to do what is necessary to achieve objectives
• Be genuine and authentic, a positive and congenial leader whose natural style employs persuasion and influence rather than command and control.
• Quickly assimilate into TQL’s culture with the demonstrated ability to translate organizational perspectives into actionable outcomes.
• Be a strong listener and exceptional communicator at all levels of the company.
• Value TQL’s legacy of success and become an ambassador of the culture to drive results and grow market share.
• Build on a solid foundation of success and help lead the company into its next phase of growth.
• Create a world-class human resources team for the market leader in a critical and demanding industry
• Receive a compensation package that includes a competitive base salary, meaningful performance-based annual bonus, and long-term incentives.