Tradeshow Division General Manager
Location:   Seattle WA
Salary:   $110,000 - $160,000 + bonus opportunity
Our client, a leading provider of tradeshow, convention, and event services, is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader to oversee its Seattle, WA operation as its Tradeshow Division GM.
The tradeshow division GM is expected to manage office, warehouse, and show site (remote) location costs, in particular; labor, equipment rentals, and material expenses. Additionally, the tradeshow division leader is responsible for delivering a high level of customer service at all levels, including show organizers and exhibitors. The tradeshow division leader is also responsible for maintaining a high level of community and regional industry involvement and developing relationships.
The tradeshow division leader has full P&L responsibility and is expected to effectively manage revenue, costs, and the budgeting process in coordination with corporate management. This position requires high integrity, strong people skills, proven judgment, solid financial and budgeting understanding.
This location produces and manages shows in a multi-state area in the Pacific Northwest. The tradeshow division leader will be required to travel 20-25% to ensure the quality of the events and to work with clients as needed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and inspire branch team of 20+ employees to achieve sales, financial, and service goals.
- Recruit strong talent and plan staffing in alignment with budget and succession needs.
- Advance corporate initiatives.
- Serve as the face of the company within the local community and industry.
- Network with the visitor’s bureau, other City organizations, the convention center, and other venues.
- Lead sales efforts when needed; at other times assist account executives with their sales leads.
- Act as high-level account manager with customers when needed.
- Identify and implement operational efficiencies and service accelerators.
- Develop operations procedures to help better service clients and increase profitability both locally and nationally.
- Take an active role on show site when necessary--ensure quality control, and plan, identify, and implement methods to manage and reduce show site labor.
- Negotiate with local vendors and identify cost saving opportunities, including the evaluation and selection of new vendors.
- Day to day supervision of staff to ensure accountability.
- Measure team with performance metrics that drive team and individual development.
- Actively drive branch budgeting process and manage to budget, including making real-time cost cutting decisions in consultation with executive management when circumstances require.
- Ability to create financial documents and budgets.
- Ensure appropriate revenue growth through regional sales team oversight and coordination with national sales organization.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in tradeshow or related industry (corporate events, corporate travel, logistics) MANDATORY
- Five plus years’ experience managing operations or sales with P&L responsibility and verifiable track record of management success
- Strong client relationship and service delivery experience
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Relocation assistance will be offered to preferred candidates.