UASI - CEO
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   Very generous base salary and bonus with potential for equity
- Are you ready to drive the growth of an established, market-leading health care services organization?
- Are you a strategic leader who can craft a vision and inspire others to follow?
- Are you a customer-centric, market-facing executive who embraces being the face of the organization?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since 1984, UASI has set the industry standard in coding, health information management, clinical documentation, and revenue integrity. Their client list includes some of the top hospitals and health systems around the country – with many of these relationships lasting decades. Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio the company employs over 450, serves over 200 clients nationwide, and codes more than 3.75 million charts annually.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) will lead this mature organization through its next chapter by directing an ambitious growth plan. The CEO will enhance UASI’s long-term relationships with top tier clients as well as identify new growth opportunities and markets. The CEO will:
- Demonstrate experience in leading a service-based business through growth, helping to drive change while preserving core values.
- Strengthen and clarify corporate vision, drive strategic direction, and execute the growth plan to ensure scalability and results.
- Motivate, develop, and lead the senior management team consisting of the CFO, COO CIO, VP Development and VP Sales.
- Optimize organizational design, ensuring the right people are driving the right initiatives to achieve the desired results.
- Create a culture with a growth mindset, sense of urgency, and continuous improvement approach to achieve operational excellence.
- Manage investments in organic and inorganic growth, including new product development and M&A activity, to increase enterprise value and ensure its sustainability.
- Maintain an awareness of market and economic conditions, competitive activities, and governmental regulations that may impact the business.
- Serve as the face of the company with key clients, suppliers, partners, and other important stakeholders.
- Ensure important internal controls and compliance policies/procedures are in place and being followed.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Board and leverage their experience and insights.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong strategic orientation with the experience to operate at a CEO level in a highly competitive services organization and drive aggressive growth
- Healthcare consulting or related experience preferred, with a focus on client service, solution-selling and problem-solving
- Exceptional leadership and management capabilities, inspiring innovation, commitment, and excellence from all team members
- Strong financial acumen, with P&L management of a $50 million organization or larger
- A change agent with a proven ability to drive and implement change and manage ambiguity
- Market-facing customer orientation, seeking input and staying in tune with changing market conditions
- Effective communicator and collaborator with the ability to build and maintain relationships across the company and with customers and partners
- Integrity and commitment, possess excellent judgement with an ability to lead an ethical, open-minded organizational culture with a high level of professionalism, and resilience
- Experience identifying and evaluating mergers and acquisitions opportunities is a plus
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Driven for results
- Hands-on leader
- Change agent
- A natural coach
- Relationship builder
This is a unique opportunity to become CEO of a market-leader that is positioned for aggressive growth. The CEO can leverage the company’s reputation and track record to create a new vision and strategy for success. This opportunity presents a competitive compensation package including base salary, bonus, and path to equity.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.
The CEO will be based in Cincinnati, Ohio; relocation assistance will be provided.