Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Controller for Ultimus Fund Solutions
LOCATION: Northern Cincinnati (Springdale)
Ultimus Fund Solutions is a leading provider of full-service fund administration, accounting, and investor servicing solutions to support the launching and servicing of registered funds, private funds, and public plans. They also offer customized structures designed to support the unique needs of pensions, endowments, foundations, and other large institutions. As of April 30, 2021, Ultimus services approximately $220 billion in assets under administration and over 1,250 total funds or accounts.
Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller is responsible for oversight, supervision and execution of general ledger accounting duties including preparation and recording journal entries, account reconciliations, intercompany transaction analysis and reconciliation, expense analysis and other basic and advanced accounting duties related to the month-end close process. A key member of the Corporate Accounting team, this management position is critically important to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of our regulatory and financial reporting.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise three members of current corporate accounting team with responsibility for GL close and consolidation, financial reporting, treasury and cash management and broker dealer accounting.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve our accounting policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity and completeness of the General Ledger and related accounting records.
- Manage the preparation and posting of journal entries, completion of account reconciliations and distribution of financial reporting.
- Assist with development and implementation of appropriate system of internal controls necessary and appropriate for proper conduct of the business.
- Provide operational, financial, and ethical leadership for the organization.
- Supervision and execution of compensation and benefits accounting, Broker Dealer operational accounting, and all related internal and external financial reporting.
- Perform consolidation accounting and monitor related systematic elimination entries.
- Implement accounting treatment of disposition/acquisition/merger of entities as needed.
- Oversee treasury operations including cash receipts and posting, cash disbursements, and cash account reconciliations.
- Lead responsibility on audits with EY and regulatory examiners.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of general ledger, treasury, and broker dealer accounting processes and personnel.
- Administer and support the accounting general ledger system (Oracle NetSuite).
- Complete periodic performance evaluations of department staff and personnel.
- Compose technical accounting memos and propose implementation of new pronouncements.
- Perform ad hoc analysis, special projects and other duties as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of eight years (cumulative) of public or corporate accounting experience
- Minimum of three years of experience with regional or national public accounting firm
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel including development and use of advanced formulas
- Proficient with enterprise level financial systems (Oracle NetSuite preferred)
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- Experience in professional services organization preferred
Candidates are currently being considered in the Greater Cincinnati area only. This person will be working remotely through Summer 2021 and will be splitting time ‘in the office’ and remotely at some point.