Vice President, Finance - Community Blood Center / Community Tissue Services
Location:   Dayton OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a strategic, growth-oriented finance and accounting leader?
- Are you ready to leverage your talent to advance the values of CBC/CTS focusing on customer satisfaction, ethics & integrity, quality and safety, and high performing teams and leadership?
- Are you a problem solver who works with a sense of urgency and builds healthy relationships with business leaders, peers, and direct reports?
Community Blood Center/Community Tissue Services (CBC/CTS), a community-based organization with a national presence and offers challenging opportunities that are on the forefront of cutting-edge technology. With over 55 years of experience, CBC/CTS prides itself on its mission of being the leading ethical and innovative partner of choice for quality and customer-focused biologic solutions. Community Tissue Services provides an important link to the communities it serves through recovery, processing, and distribution of nearly 1,000,000 tissue grafts each year. CTS has six locations across the country.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the VP Finance will be a “hands-on” leader with responsibility to organize, plan, direct, evaluate, and communicate the financial performance of the business. This person will lead & manage the Controller, accounting, and auditing functions and make fiscal and strategic recommendations to senior management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the financial affairs of the organization.
- In concert with senior management, establishes financial and budget goals.
- Advises Executive Staff on financial aspects of operations, assists in financial planning, modeling, analysis, management, and control.
- Manages CBC/CTS treasury functions.
- Secures financing and maintains an adequate line of credit.
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- Recommend present actions that will augment future financial results, and
- Recognize/ prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Assess financial risk / rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Maintains banking relationships.
- On an ad hoc basis, participates in Board of Trustees, Finance Committee, and other applicable Board committee meetings.
- Responsible for the supervision and coordination of payroll processing operations.
- Assists in the management of retirement plans and provides oversight of insurance contracts.
- Manages financial aspects of contract negotiations and monitors outcomes appropriately.
- Evaluates, creates, makes recommendation, and implements appropriate financial controls.
- Leads internal financial audits of CBC/CTS’ various departments.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and coach staff. Monitor staff performance and provide consistent feedback.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business and 10 years of previous experience including a minimum of 5 years executive level financial management experience. MBA or CPA preferred.
- The successful candidate will be an innovative and strategic thinker with proven leadership, communications, and relationship-building skills.
- Executive management experience in life sciences or medical device industry.
- Senior management experience with operational and strategic responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Develop and coach employees to their fullest potential.
- Drive for results; establishing priorities & stretch goals and holding people accountable.
- Influence others through written and verbal communication.
- Solve problems, analyze process issues.
- Inspire and motivate employees to high performance & engagement.
- Advanced ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders, including presentation and facilitation skills, and to translate financial information into understandable terms.