Vice President, Talent Acquisition
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
WHO WE ARE:
Our client is one of the largest financial institutions in the Cincinnati regional area with a strong focus on people and talent development. The VP Talent Acquisition is a new position reporting to the CHRO and is needed to provide strategic talent leadership based on the significant growth of the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As the Vice President, Talent Acquisition, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing talent initiatives to attract, recruit and maintain a diverse and high-quality talent pipeline.
You will create an expectation of excellence for your Recruiting Team Members by encouraging and creating opportunities for continuous improvement and by establishing and monitoring key performance metrics to ensure top performance.
- Engage your team and hiring managers to create an exceptional experience for candidates using internal and external tools, resources and social media and establish an environment of open communication, mutual respect and trust with the team and people you serve.
- Provide leadership, support, advocacy and vision to recruiters and support staff who provide recruiting support to hiring managers in all locations.
- Plan and implement organization talent acquisition strategy in conjunction with the CHRO.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on staffing trends, including understanding external labor market conditions.
- Lead efforts to optimize the recruiting team organization structure to meet the needs of the business functions.
- Identify, develop, and execute initiatives to drive productivity and efficiency improvements, which enable the recruiting team to secure high-volume talent in competitive labor markets.
- Reduce the reliance on temporary staffing agencies in favor of a direct staffing approach.
- Optimize usage of the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) to organize job candidates, and track applicants through the full lifecycle recruiting process.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify opportunities for continuous improvements to recruiting business operations with a focus on improving candidate and recruiter user experiences through standardization, automation, and digitization.
- Assist with continuous improvement surrounding workforce planning and organizational management.
- Develop and maintain department-wide Standard Operating Procedures, Service Level Agreements, and Key Performance Indicators/recruiting metrics.
- Ability to build relationships and influence cross-functional leaders while communicating effectively, and tactfully, with all levels of the organization.
- Develop/support talent driven programs such as referral bonuses, and leadership training.
- Proactively sources candidates using a variety of methods and tools including networking, social media, resume databanks, as well as other job sites and search engines.
- Inspire, grow, and develop a team of recruiting professionals to meet recruiting goals while meeting quality expectations.
- Nurture a strong service culture and ensure delivery of quick, professional, and quality-driven service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work closely with managers and temporary agencies to share best practices and provide assistance on critical needs and coordinate on the company’s initiatives.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources, marketing, or related field required.
- 7 – 10+ years’ experience in talent acquisition/recruiting, human resources, and project management; people leadership preferred.
- Technical expertise with an array of leading Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), experience with Paycor Recruiting a plus.
- Professional recruiting/HR certifications: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), SHRM's Talent Acquisition Specialty credential preferred.
Note: We’re currently focusing our search on candidates in the regional Cincinnati area only.