Vice President – Marketing
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Vice President – Marketing, French Transit, Ltd.
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
- Are you eager to have a seat at the leadership table for setting marketing & business strategy?
- Can you leverage your classical marketing experience in a smaller, more entrepreneurial environment?
- Do you thrive in a fast-paced, growth-focused, results-oriented culture?
Headquartered in Mason, Ohio with locations across the country, French Transit is a privately held, PE backed, personal care and beauty platform of health and wellness brands that are safe, effective, and trustworthy. They own, market, and distribute three brands of natural personal care products: Crystal Deodorant, MyChelle Dermaceuticals, and Luster Premium Whitening as well as Dapple Baby. They are also seeking more brands to fuel additional growth. This is a performance-oriented business… but without the bureaucracy, formality, and politics of a big company. It’s an outstanding place to work and we’re looking for another great player to join this team!
The successful candidate will have experience in CPG Brand Management. The role will blend traditional Brand Management responsibilities with street-smart savvy of a more entrepreneurial innovative business environment. The Management Team includes executives with experience from P&G, Clorox, J&J, and Colgate, as well as small-company experience. This is a place where your ideas, efforts, and abilities matter and can have a visible impact on the business. This person can work from home in the Cincinnati regional area but will be available for office meetings as needed.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is part of the Leadership Team reporting to the CEO.
- Demonstrated experience in Brand Management, including Packaging Design & Development, Consumer Promotion, Digital Marketing, Syndicated Research Analysis, Management of External Agencies and Third-Party Suppliers and P&L/Budget Management.
- Familiarity with key Retail Channels of Distribution, Consumer Research, Cross-Functional Collaboration, etc.
- Autonomously manage the Marketing team comprised of two brand managers, one graphic artist, and a network of 3rd party partners.
- Provide thought leadership and execution of brand plans including Brand Strategy, Innovation, Positioning, Pricing, Packaging, Consumer Promotion, Web/Digital Marketing and PR. Ability to identify potential gaps in current strategy.
- Grow e-Comm business on Amazon, Shopify, e-tailers (e.g., iHerb), and retailer sites (e.g., Target.com).
- Drive marketing initiatives with the cross functional team and agency partners.
- Work with R&D to coordinate and execute New Product Development and Marketing Research initiatives.
- Create and execute content for all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and other emerging consumer platforms.
- Manage and track deadlines and marketing budgets.
- Support Sales Team with line review presentations, business building initiatives and account requests.
IDEAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or a Business-related major is required.
- 3 - 5+ years of marketing and brand management experience in the consumer products space.
- Critical thinking skills – challenge the status quo!
- Experience with numbers, including syndicated data (e.g., IRI, Nielsen) and analysis of data (e.g., calculating ROIs, incrementality, etc).
- Understands the financials and principles of budgeting with P&L experience preferred.
- Must have eCommerce experience.
- Brand fundamentals with core understanding of the “four P’s and three C’s.”
- Excited by the opportunities of private equity ownership.
- Join an experienced, driven, and collaborative leadership team
- Manage and develop a small team of engaged marketing professionals
- Enjoy a culture that make decisions promptly and is planning for significant growth