Vice President of Finance
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a seasoned finance leader with 1st chair Finance aspirations?
- Do you have a strong background in CPG and international experience?
- Can you get excited about a ‘player / coach’ leadership role in a rapidly growing, family-owned company with an exceptional culture and well-known brands?
The Gorilla Glue Company (“Gorilla”; https://www.gorillatough.com/) has been a leader in the CPG industry for over two decades. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio and with a presence in the UK, Gorilla is a family-owned business that prides itself on its collegial atmosphere and world-class products within a global portfolio of three brands: Gorilla Glue, O’Keeffe’s and Sapadilla. Leadership is focused on continued growth and improving operating efficiencies, accomplishing this through new product offerings and geographic expansion. At Gorilla, employees are the # 1 asset and enjoy a healthy work environment anchored on family values - Gorilla has been named a Top Place to Work in Cincinnati for ten years in a row!
Regardless of the brand, Gorilla is united under one mission, “The Gorilla Way”: to build brands that people love with products they believe in alongside people they care about. Gorilla’s culture is truly unique – it has the perfect balance of striving for excellence in everything it does while having fun and being passionate. They believe its Four Pillars: Brands, Customer, Community and People, should be the driving force behind everything that they do.
Reporting to the CFO the Vice President of Finance will provide financial leadership and support to internal functions (Sales, Operations, Marketing, NPD) and own consolidated FP&A efforts, management reporting and balanced scorecards, treasury and debt management, credit and collections activities, and manufacturing and logistics cost oversight. This new role is being created both with an eye toward succession planning and to allow the CFO to lead a transformative ERP implementation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The Vice President of Finance will oversee the day-to-day Finance function and lead a team of 14 (4 direct; 10 US, 4 UK) responsible for:
- Management Reporting and Analysis – preparing monthly consolidated management reports and supporting analysis with commentary, supplemental brand and channel reports, and balanced scorecard/KPI reports and presentations and supporting analytics for management, ownership and Board members
- Commercial Support – supporting and analyzing activity re: sales, off shelf/execution programs, pricing, program management, and new product development
- Manufacturing Cost and Inventory - establishing, tracking and analyzing product standard costs, manufacturing variances, and inventory reserves, as well as spending related to direct labor, variable overhead, fixed overhead, and logistics and supporting Operation team efforts to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Treasury and Debt – managing banking relationships to drive best cost and service on debt and treasury management services and ensure appropriate level of liquidity to enable daily operations, monitoring status and collection of customer receivables, applying cash receipts, resolving customer payment disputes, providing cash flow forecasts and bank covenant reports
- Mergers and Acquisitions – supporting transaction execution and integration of acquired companies or brands
The Vice President of Finance will also actively partner with “Gorilla Way” teams – a collection of business leaders (led by VP Gorilla Way) steering internal efforts to advance and ensure an environment where employee engagement, culture-building and leadership development are a top priority. The Vice President of Finance will demonstrate to all levels of the organization a proven ability to be trustworthy, agile, transparent, positive, and put people first.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance or graduate degree in business; CPA preferred
- 15 years or more of financial experience including at least 10 years in management roles
- Significant experience with CPG companies including:
- manufacturing and distribution activities, and
- Trade Funding management (or program pricing) with both traditional brick-and-mortar and e-commerce retailers – developing policies and accounting, performance measurement (pre & post event analysis)
- Significant experience with CPG companies including:
- Strong technical skills related to ERP, reporting, business intelligence, planning/budgeting, treasury management, and other financial systems
- Experience in cost analytics and history of partnering with commercial teams to understand and optimize total delivered cost (e.g. cost-to-serve)
- International experience, particularly with Europe and Asia-Pacific regions and including experience with various go-to-market models (e.g. direct, distributor, licensing, JV)
- Proven ability to manage performance and effectively lead, coach and develop a team
- Experience serving on cross-functional teams and ability to drive change across other functions
- Excellent communication: verbal and written
- Evident financial acumen and analytical skills
- Strong technical accounting ability
REQUIRED PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong integrity and respect for all levels of the organization
- Working manager (player / coach) mindset
- Transparent and collaborative
- Continuous learner
- Passion for growth and change
- Work hard, play hard