GM Telemetry/IoT Business Unit
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   Total compensation range from $150-200k based on experience
Our client, Wright Brothers, Inc. & Wright Brothers Global Gas is a 72-year-old privately held company based here in Cincinnati. They produce, sell and distribute high-performance specialty gases to a large base of dynamic industries including healthcare, food and beverage, floral, electronics, energy, manufacturing and others.
In 2011 Wright Bothers started a new division, VMG, to enhance its products and services to its customers. VMG is a gas telemetry system-an affordable telemetry system that provides tank and cylinder monitoring for industrial, specialty, and electronic gases. Wright Brothers has expanded this service outside of its customer base and it is now time to find a leader to expand its products to an even wider customer base, both domestically and globally.
Reporting to the CEO of Wright Brothers and Wright Brothers Global Gas, the VMG leader will be responsible for building and executing a go to market plan. They will also have operational, organizational, and financial management, and will lead a small team to develop and enhance their hardware and software products.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic and Market Leadership
- Identify global market for the VMG product---geographies, industries, and customers. Develop go to market strategies appropriately.
- Analyze customer needs and utilize solution based selling to win their business.
- Set pricing, build and review contracts.
- Develop marketing collateral as needed (success stories, whitepapers, videos, demos, FAQs, etc.)
- Maintain knowledge of market conditions, anticipate market changes and recommend appropriate actions.
- Gain insight into industry trends and competitive activity to drive innovation and new product/service initiatives.
- Attend industry specific trade shows. Work with industry associations and groups.
- Serve as the point person to bring product enhancement ideas and requests from customers to the development team.
- Manage local and offshore resources to develop, maintain, and enhance the products software tools. Drive software innovation.
- Look for ways to add data analytics into the tool to make the product and service even more valuable to customers.
- Ensure projects are delivered within the time/resources/scope expectations
- Identify opportunities to improve product costs and production efficiencies.
- Introduce systems and procedures to ensure continued operational discipline and improvements.
- Work with the hardware product owner to identify needed components for products. Manage relationships with current global provides and identify new suppliers for products. Streamline the global supply chain and identify ways to shorten time to procure and assemble the final hardware product.
- Oversee purchasing for hardware components.
- Assist with the administration of spinning off VMG from Wright Bothers into a separate company.
- Develop VMG budget and forecasts.
- Provide analysis and reporting on gross margins/profitability for products, customers, and geographies.
- Provide financial insight, guidance, direction, management, and recommendations. Review of P&L and forecasts.
- Understand the business sufficiently to:
- Explain financial results in a business context (provide the story behind the numbers),
- Recognize/ prioritize opportunities for process improvement
- Assess financial risk / rewards of growth and other strategic initiatives
- Update, communicate and (as necessary) develop financial and operating metrics.
- Assist hiring and onboarding new team members, assist with HR strategies and programs to strengthen the brand which may include recruiting, benefits/comp, performance management, coaching and training, and development of staff at all levels.
- Collaborate with leadership to identify company goals and measure success
- Reinforce the company’s core values throughout the organization.
- Build company morale and enhance employee engagement.
- Help to create a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree OR significant relevant functional experience
- 7+ years of experience including team management
- P&L responsibility
- Experience with SAAS, IoT, Telemetry, or other related technologies
- Background in technology, electronics, software
- Experience in a startup or rapid growth business with a demonstrated growth record
- Experience being the face of an organization with employees, key customers, and other business partners
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- An entrepreneurial approach and “can do” proactive attitude
- Hands on self-starter with the ability to handle responsibilities with a strong sense of urgency in a quickly changing environment.
- Some travel including visiting customer sites and trade shows
- Must be drug and nicotine free