VP Fleet Experience
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
POSITION TITLE: Vice President, Fleet Experience (Confidential Search)
LOCATION: Cincinnati, OH
Reporting to the CEO & President, the VP Fleet Experience will be a strategic and collaborative partner with Executive and Operational leadership. This role is responsible for all aspects of the fleet experience (comprised of over 200 drivers across 10 locations in multiple states) including onboarding, training, compliance, safety, driver relations and retention.
They must understand the needs of employees, customers and the community and will treat all parties with dignity and respect in difficult situations and maintain a positive, service-focused mindset.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the recruiting team to develop the recruiting strategy for the Company including referrals, networking, and social media. Develop the messaging to be used, target candidate profiles, and target sources for candidates.
- Develop and enhance the driver on-boarding / orientation program.
- Develop and enhance the driver training program.
- Develop tools and processes to communicate and share best practices and other information with fleet drivers. Identify and recommend tools that would increase efficiency and support drivers in their day to day duties.
- Serve as the main point of contact for drivers to maintain relationships, enhance driver satisfaction, and increase retention.
- Serve as the company’s subject matter expert on compliance, legal, and ethical driver / fleet practices, stay abreast of relevant laws and keep the management team informed of potential impacts to the Company model.
- Develop and implement programs to monitor and ensure compliance with applicable company, Federal, State, and local laws, as well as regulations from other applicable agencies. Ensure all appropriate reporting is made to relevant entities.
- Strategically and proactively lead the Company’s fleet safety programs.
- Collaborate closely with operational and functional leadership regarding behavioral safety and organizational policies and practices. Promote a positive safety culture which recognizes and rewards safe behaviors and safe work practices while providing coaching and feedback for unsafe behaviors.
- Assist in development of high-potential safety champions within regions to promote safety and future safety leadership pipeline.
- Travel to other locations within the company as needed to build positive relationships with fleet drivers. Find ways to strengthen the culture and driver’s relationship with the firm.
- Build and manage a diverse team while creating a culture that motivates people who can work in a team-based, participative, and results-oriented environment.
- Contribute as a member of the senior leadership team to all strategic planning and company growth discussions.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Safety-Transportation Management, Engineering, or related field. Combination of education and applicable work experience will also be considered.
- 15+ years of experience in Fleet Management in the commercial trucking industry, including a minimum of 10 years of experience leading, building, developing, and managing collaborative teams.
- Expert knowledge of federal, state, and local fleet and safety regulatory requirements (DOT, FMCSA, OSHA, EPA, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience with transportation systems and technology.
- Excellent executive presence with strong leadership, collaboration, analytical, influential, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Must be a strategic thinker who is results-oriented with the ability to drive continuous improvement within the Safety organization as well as the overall organization.