Vice President, Human Resources - Deceuninck North America
Location:   Monroe, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Deceuninck North America is a fully integrated design, compounding, tooling, and PVC extrusion company producing vinyl window and door systems and composite applications for the building and construction industry. Their commitment to sustainability, innovation, and imaginative design make them an industry leader in energy-efficient windows.
From its North American headquarters in Monroe, Ohio and additional facility near Reno, Nevada, Deceuninck North America ships products across the U.S. and to other countries, including Canada, Mexico, Chile and the Caribbean. With ~550 employees, Deceuninck North America is part of the Deceuninck Group, an integrated global organization that is active in over 90 countries supported by nearly 3,800 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the CEO & President, the VP HR will provide leadership and management of all HR strategies, plans, policies, and programs for the company as well as acting as the CEO & President’s Business Partner. This position also has a strong dotted line functional relationship with the Deceuninck Group’s HR Director in Belgium. As a member of the executive leadership team, it will be critically important for this person to understand the business in order to influence organizational strategy and help drive company performance. This person will lead an HR team of ten, including payroll.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide HR vision and business leadership to develop and implement effective organizational initiatives.
- Serve as the expert on people and organizational issues and as a trusted advisor, coach, and business partners to senior leaders and the HR team.
- Create and enhance HR processes, systems, and activities supporting growth objectives and the employment brand.
- Quickly develop trusting and effective relationships and credibility with associates at all levels of the company. Serve as a trusted advisor to the CEO & President.
- Understand and address retention/turnover issues with the hourly employees (non-union) to help stabilize the workforce.
- Promote innovative performance management models which address business objectives while attracting, retaining, motivating, and rewarding a high performance workforce.
- Effectively manage and communicate employee benefit programs; continuously evaluate benefit costs and competitiveness of these plans.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state employment laws in all company locations.
- Manage the payroll process for accuracy and compliance and maintain confidentiality with all record keeping systems.
Key Priorities for this Position:
- A focused recruiting and retention strategy for hourly production employees, including an analysis of the hourly compensation structure.
- A consistent performance management approach for all employees.
- Optimize the payroll & HRIS system (Oracle) implemented in 2019.
- A career development/career pathing approach for hourly production employees.
- Collaborate with the leadership team and others to define the Deceuninck NA employer brand.
- Energize the culture contributing to the next phase of growth for the NA organization.
- Responsibility for a structured succession planning process.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to define a commitment and approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Organizational Development, HR or related business discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience including department leadership.
- Experience in manufacturing with a passion for working in a fast-paced, results oriented, and hands-on environment.
- Experience with payroll, time management systems, and outsourced service providers.
- Experience with Oracle or related technology-based HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated ability to impact the overall organization in a direct senior executive capacity in partnership with the executive leadership team.
- Active participation in strategic planning processes within HR and the business.
- Development of action plans to implement and augment HR strategy, considering the different requirements of various groups and stakeholders.
- Understand state and federal laws relating to payroll and HR compliance.
- Self-directed, positive, and ethical role model with strong listening skills.
NOTE: We are focusing this search on candidates in (or with a connection to) the Cincinnati/Dayton regional area. Monroe, OH is 30 miles north of Cincinnati.