Vice President of Development
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Are you a real estate professional who has built strong relationships with clients based on trust and mutual respect?
- Are you ready to join a small, nimble organization with a collaborative culture and aggressive growth plans?
- Are you driven by the opportunity for uncapped earnings and the option to own a piece of each deal?
- Do you want to work remotely, but still be part of an experienced, successful team?
Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, STNL Development was founded five years ago by two real estate development veterans. They have built a team of 14 and have completed over 200 projects in 21 states, delivering single tenant net lease development projects for clients with aggressive growth strategies. From market research/site selection through due diligence/approvals and construction/delivery, they partner with their clients to help them achieve their goals.
The Vice President of Development is responsible for generating new STNL opportunities with clients who have ambitious expansion plans. They will manage all aspects of the client relationship, partnering with the development team and design/construction team to deliver the desired results.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the client leader and expert.
- Work closely with client to understand their business, and their real estate needs, including the key factors that determine approval of (and success of) a new store.
- Possess a thorough understanding of all client processes and standards, including how decisions are made and who the key stakeholders are in the organization.
- Understand market, industry and client trends impacting client new store development.
- Develop strategies to maintain and grow STNL business with the client.
- Participate and represent STNL in a variety of client meetings.
- Adjust the STNL development model to meet the client needs and requirements.
- Conduct research on new markets and sites. Commence gathering information on governmental approvals, utilities, soil, access, etc.
- Engage the STNL development manager and design/construction manager to evaluate the potential sites for consideration by the client.
- Plan and conduct client market tours. Provide thorough information that helps the client make an informed decision.
- Based on client site direction, work with the development manager and design/construction manager to prepare all information required by client for consideration by their Real Estate Committee (or other method), including:
- Land control
- Preliminary due diligence
- Preliminary site plan
- Preliminary development and construction schedule
- Preliminary construction pricing
- Preliminary budget
- Tenant LOI and REC materials preparation
- Upon client approval, support the development manager to obtain governmental and regulatory approvals and permits, including zoning, site plan, access, utility, environmental and any other entitlements required to complete the projects.
- Upon loan and land closing, be a resource to the development manager and design/construction manager during the construction of the project. Facilitate communication with the client, as needed, regarding any significant issues.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated success delivering single tenant net lease projects for regional and/or national clients.
- An insatiable interest in and dedication to understanding the client and meeting their needs.
- Exhibit complete trustworthiness and dependability, so to be considered an essential, valued partner by the client.
- An action orientation, with the ability to solve problems and move though obstacles to obtain necessary approvals and advance projects.
- A strong communicator with a variety of constituencies.
- Strong rapport with all client personnel, outside service providers, government officials, etc.
- Committed and able to develop and nurture a long-term client relationship.
- May work remotely, with the ability to travel to Cincinnati for monthly meetings and as needed.
- Join a successful, growing organization that is still small, nimble, and focused on creating value for their clients
- Collaborate with colleagues who bring decades of experience and are eager to support each other
- Enjoy a competitive salary, a generous bonus on each project, and an opportunity to invest/gain ownership in projects