Vice President of Strategic Initiatives - Cincinnati Works
Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
- Do you have a passion to work with a leading organization that is eliminating poverty in our region?
- Can you leverage your strategic acumen to drive change and improve organizational outcomes?
- Can you influence and motivate others without direct authority?
- Do you enjoy being a face of an organization with community partners, donors, business leaders and public officials?
ABOUT CINCINNATI WORKS:
Cincinnati Works is a nonprofit organization that brings hope and encouragement to people living in poverty through a network of comprehensive employment services and over 75 employer partnerships. Founded in 1996 by Dave and Liane Phillips, the organization has helped thousands of job seekers below the federal poverty guidelines find employment and work toward economic self-sufficiency.
Once a Member is established in a stable job, coaching services are provided to enable advancement to higher paying jobs. This provides the community a previously untapped source of entry- and mid-level workers, decreased need for public resources, and a solution-focused strategy to eliminate poverty in the region. These changes lead to the reduction in related problems including crime, poor health, and lack of education. With over 30% of the Cincinnati population living in poverty, the acute need for the organization’s services is clear. Cincinnati Works is primarily privately funded; the FY2021 budget is approximately $4.7 million.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
The Vice President of Strategic Initiatives is a newly created position that will play a key role in shaping the strategic agenda and growth plan for Cincinnati Works. Reporting to the President/CEO, the VP will manage high stakes projects across the organization, engaging a diverse set of stakeholders along the way. They will help lead the development of the agency’s next strategic plan. This is a high-profile position, with significant exposure to board leadership and external constituencies. Key responsibilities include:
- Guide the strategic agenda of the organization in conjunction with the Board, the President, and the executive leadership team.
- Provide project management for high priority programs that drive significant growth in Greater Cincinnati.
- Set deadlines, prioritize tasks, and assign deliverables to all team members assigned to projects.
- Work with department leaders to identify new program opportunities and ensure that all new projects are aligned with the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Create a dashboard that uses data to evaluate program effectiveness and impact.
- Help create a culture of accountability throughout the organization.
- Meet with key community stakeholders to share program status and success and identify changing community needs to inform strategy.
- Be a resource to all departments to create project budgets and plans.
- Provide high level progress reports on all strategic initiatives to the Board.
- Be a face of the organization with public officials, donors, employers, and other key stakeholders.
- Engage with donors to share the strategic direction of the organization.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of Cincinnati Works.
- Solid strategic acumen with deep involvement in the strategic planning process for a complex organization.
- Success leading an organization through strategic change.
- Demonstrated project management expertise.
- Ability to influence peers and team members without a direct reporting relationship.
- Strong analytical skills and good business acumen.
- Evidence of using metrics to drive accountability and results.
- Proven success building meaningful partnerships with other community agencies.
- Experience being the face of an organization with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an MBA a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group settings.
- Board engagement experience a plus
- Experience in workforce development a plus
- Fundraising and development success a plus
- High energy and inspiring
- High emotional intelligence
- Driven for results
- Embraces diversity
- Strong networker
- Coach and mentor
- Make a meaningful difference in our community.
- Work with an experienced, passionate leadership team and staff.
- Collaborate with an engaged and supportive Board.
- Help take Cincinnati Works to the next level as a model for cities nationwide.