Location:   Union City, IN
Salary:   based on experience
- Join an exciting growing OEM that is on the cutting edge of technology and is expanding to meet the everchanging market’s needs.
- Utilize your experience and leadership skills to put your mark on a brownfield project.
- Be a key member of the leadership and operations team to ensure the growth of the company.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Our client is an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) of Class 3-6 brand medium-duty truck chassis. Its 200,000 sq. ft. assembly plant in Union City, IN enables it to build the tried-and-true W62 chassis and the new, narrower-track W88 chassis at price points and performance specifications sure to be attractive to fleet purchasers.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF ROLE:
This is a key position within their organization. A strong presence and leadership skills are critical. The individual fulfilling this role will likely have a minimum of 15 years related experience, have an entrepreneurial spirit and desire to bring measured discipline and metrics for increasing production and managing resources and people to meet these goals in short time. This person will have an intense focus on customer satisfaction and a strong “ownership” of the business.
The Plant Manager will be instrumental in the transformation of the plant as well as oversee the manufacturing of “Last Mile Delivery Vehicles”, ensuring that quantity and quality requirements are met.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Lead the development and implementation of a modern and effective lean manufacturing and quality system.
- Ensure the plant is building to production plans and shipping to meet customer delivery dates.
- Consistently meet performance commitments and deliver results.
- Establish a safety culture where ‘ALL Accidents are preventable’.
- Oversee production schedules, ensuring inventory and shipment targets are met.
- Create a culture which is focused on: Safety / Supporting the production operator / Driving quality and meeting customer requirements daily.
- Manage the plant budget and implement identified, ongoing financial improvement opportunities.
- Deliver to budget on labor, scrap, throughput, etc.
- Successfully manage planned plant capital upgrades.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the plant.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Understanding of automotive manufacturing.
- Understanding of automotive vehicle development process.
- Proven Leader able to drive manufacturing systems such as of modern lean and quality concepts.
- Ability to lead and implement organizational change.
- Experience with implementing and executing capital upgrades to manufacturing facilities.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines and deliver results.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- At least 15 years of related experience in the automotive industry either at an OEM or Tier I supplier as an Assistant Plant Manager or plant manager required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Industrial Management, Engineering, or related field required.