Location:   Cincinnati, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client is a vibrant, growing family owned company that has an outstanding quality reputation in the industry coupled with numerous awards for culture and “best places to work”. They are a manufacturer servicing several industries and offer a broad selection of products and services, allowing their customers to drastically reduce their vendor base. They strive to achieve sustained, profitable growth by providing products that consistently meet the needs of their customers. They accomplish this by being quick, flexible and customer focused.
Above all the Production Manager will be charged with having strong leadership skills to motivate and manage a team of up to 75 employees. The Production Manager is responsible for analyzing and managing resources to best meet cost, quality, and schedule objectives. With the assistance of subordinate supervisors establishes and maintains a skilled workforce capable of meeting work area performance metrics. Works closely with other management personnel throughout the organization to ensure a safe, efficient, and profitable operation. Acts as the driving force identifying opportunities and initiating new processes/practices designed to enhance operations, reduce costs and support the attainment of established goals. Develops implements and maintains metrics designed to continuously monitor all aspects of the production process. Demonstrates an on-going commitment to the maintenance of a safe working environment.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and train the manufacturing production team.
- Develop and maintain production schedules.
- Measure progress as well as continuous improvement by established standards of performance for production employees.
- Develop a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals.
- Supervise the daily activities and set priorities for the production team.
- Provide an "on-floor" presence as a team leader and supervisor and assist in gaps to keep production flowing.
- Recognize and solve problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, and equipment maintenance.
- Conduct and develop training schedule for employees.
- Perform review and approval of completed batches.
- Work off-shift and weekend schedules when required.
- Utilize computer systems and ERP Software (Global Shop Solutions).
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5-7 plus years of experience in supervising production personnel.
- Hands on experience in a fabrication/machine shop with processes including plating, milling, stamping, laser cutting, bending, welding, brazing etc.
- Experience with quality management to improve and promote the end products f
- Strong leadership to inspire and motivate others to perform effectively and give appropriate recognition to others.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree is preferred.