Engineering and Support Solutions Director
Location:   Dayton, OH
Salary:   based on experience
Our client, Riverside Research Institute, is an independent, not-for-profit 501(c)(3)corporation dedicated to research and development in the national interest. With revenues of $100M+, and a staff of more than 500 nationally, our client provides high-end technical services, research and development, and prototype solutions to some of the country’s most challenging technical problems. They also support advanced technical education and collaborates widely with university researchers.
Since 1967, when the company was formed from a respected research laboratory at Columbia University, Riverside Research has played a key role in the advancement of radar programs, pioneered breakthroughs in the fields of coherent optics and laser systems and conducted seminal research in cancer detection and treatment. The company’s current research is also focused on the following core competencies:
- Machine Learning
- Optics & Photonics
- Plasma Physics
- Trusted & Resilient Systems
- Systems Engineering
- Modeling and Simulation
In 2015, Riverside Research expanded its facility in Dayton, Ohio to add a 30,000 square-foot Open Innovation Center (OIC). The OIC sets the standard for collaborative innovation and is dedicated to promoting research across the company.
Our client is currently seeking a senior dynamic, strategic, operational, and growth focused Engineering and Support Solutions Director to lead the Engineering and Support Solutions Group in Beavercreek, OH. The Director will lead a team of 7 Managers, and 55 Engineers and will report to the Executive Director of Engineering and System Integration Business Unit. The Engineering and Support Solutions Director will work directly with Research and Development customers to advance and grow the group’s core capabilities. Development work includes combat modeling and simulation, trusted and secure micro-electronics, RF communications and data links and position navigation and timing, open architecture, computational electromagnetic research and other R&D activities.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities of the Engineering and Support Solutions Director include but are not limited to:
- Extend existing business within the Air Force Research Laboratory and develop new R&D business with government organizations such as DARPA, ARL, ONR, and IARPA. This includes developing relationships with the technical staff at these organizations, clearly communicating Riverside Research’s unique technical value proposition, and directing the preparation of proposals, white papers, demos, and presentations
- Supervise managers and be ultimately responsible for the innovative research and development of solutions for our customers
- Collaborate with the Open Innovation Center (OIC) to develop new technologies that will advance the group’s expertise and create new growth opportunities with Riverside Research’s customers
- Provide project management support for customer funded research and development efforts and help to define and implement long-term strategy and vision for the group
- Assist in developing financial strategy, develop revenue projections, and oversee overhead/travel budgets for the group
- Spend 1-2 days per week at Wright Patterson building relationships, performing high level execution and provide program management support
Our client has created a collaborative culture that stands apart from their competitors. With a strong business base, forward-looking vantage point, and growing internal R&D capabilities, the Engineering and Support Solutions Director will be strongly positioned to grow his/her enterprise.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering field required with a preference for a MS or PhD in Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- Direct experience with AFRL or similar US Government / DoD research and development agency. Experience with multiple agencies is highly desirable
- Specific experience identifying, capturing, and winning relevant new business
- Strong DoD and research and development experience (at least 10 years)
- Experience in managing diverse teams/programs in multiple locations (at least 5 years)
- A breadth of technical background with development experience in at least one of the following; Trusted and Secure Micro-Electronics, Electromagnetics, RF communication data links or Position, Navigation & Timing, Open Architecture, Trusted & Resilient Systems (Cyber-security), Optics & Photonics, or Machine Learning
- Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
- Collaborative leader with the highest integrity and moral compass
- An established professional reputation for excellence in customer support and program execution
- Sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high-end government services company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients
OTHER: Relocation assistance is available.