- Does being a key contributor at a family-owned company appeal to you?
- Are you a proactive, creative, hands-on problem solver?
- Does supporting the Aerospace and Military industries excite you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hi-Tek Manufacturing has been in business for over 40 years and operates a state-of-the-art 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. Based in northern Cincinnati, they focus on customer service and quality standards, and have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries, servicing all the major turbine engine OEMs. Hi-Tek sets the industry standard by providing highly engineered, complex component manufacturing and assembly utilizing state of the art machinery and processes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
The Applications Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, providing hands on support on the manufacturing floor to develop new processes, improve existing processes, train and mentor machine operators and machinists and find solutions to manufacturing issues.
- Use CAD/CAM to program various 3,4, and 5 axis metal cutting machines. Machinery includes milling, turning, grinding, laser, and EDM.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement process by improving existing processes/programs and seeking out better methods of manufacturing, part holding, and inspection methods.
- Work with tooling vendors to test and obtain the best cutting tool technologies for hi-temp superalloys commonly used in the Gas Turbine Industry.
- Develop prototypes and test new programs/methods.
- Work in a hands-on environment with shop floor personnel to gain feedback on potential improvements.
- Collaborate with engineering to assure a successful implementation of new tooling or processes.
- Participate in the conception and design of complex workholding/fixtures/gages.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Technology, Engineering, or related field or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Practical experience using CAD/CAM, Siemens NX or SolidWorks software knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities.
- Desire to develop automation for various machine tools and part handling systems.
- Prior experience with complex shapes and their workholding requirements.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Must possess vision and creativity
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
You could be an integral part of growth-oriented niche market family owned and operated business who has an excellent reputation as both a development and production source for all major gas turbine manufacturers.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.