WHO WE ARE:
At Jedson Engineering, we’re focused on being a critical resource to the engineering needs of our clients in the consumer products, food & beverage, pulp & paper, and chemical industries. Our headquarters is in Cincinnati, OH with offices across the southeast. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
We are looking for an Automation Engineer with a strong focus on Instrumentation & Controls, including instrument specs, loop sheets, etc. PLC and/or Distributed Control System programming experience would be a strong plus. Reporting to the Automation Group Leader, the successful candidate will build strong collaborative relationships internally and externally, have strong project and business skills, be well spoken and personable, and be a strong advocate for and leader of the Jedson engineering team.
- Work with a team to deliver graphic and code development for heavy industrial clients on a prescribed schedule.
- Ability to understand and create electrical and instrumentation design documentation is preferable.
- Ability to work across multiple disciplines.
- Lean, flexible, capable of working with different customers and delivering projects in different ways. Eager to grow and a continuous learner. A self-starter with strong communication skills.
- Preferably experience in consulting engineering or construction working for industrial customers but not required.
- Ensure engagement with clients in an ethical and professional manner and always being an ambassador for Jedson while adhering to all standards of quality.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- B.S. degree in Engineering with 10 – 15+ years of experience with Instrumentation and Controls across multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Instrumentation and process control design. Preferably experience with both hardware and software design.
- Experience with PLC and/or DCS programming in Rockwell Allen Bradley and/or Emerson DeltaV systems is a plus.
- Experience in paper and chemicals, along with other heavy industrial industry.
- EPC or Engineering firm experience preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, takes initiative, and builds and fosters positive client and employee relationships.
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D and 3D is preferred but not required.