WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The BIM Specialist leads and coordinates the process of generating digital models and integrated data about a project, from the design stage to the construction stage.
- Manage implemented BIM initiatives to support project goals.
- Work with multi-discipline engineering project teams to support large and small EPCm projects.
- Ensure thorough understanding of each project scope, specifications, and design criteria.
- Utilize modeling tools to generate data to stimulate asset lifecycle.
- Develop the model virtually for specific design discipline.
- Create discipline specific BIM Modelling content.
- Develop accurate construction drawings and extract data based on the discipline BIM platform.
- Coordinate design documentation as a methodology with full utilization of BIM software tools.
- Understand and help develop construction schedule.
- Assist with Clash detection, issues reporting, and tracking.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Building Information Modeling experience required.
- Experience with engineering services provider preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations preferred.
- Well organized, analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and clients.
- The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of projects.
- Experience with software suites such Autodesk AEC Package, Integraph, SmartPlant, or E3D, preferred.
- Experience with Autodesk Construction Cloud or BIM360 preferred.
- Experience with Design automation preferred.
- Experience with Dynamo preferred.