WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage industries. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
The Civil Engineer will use theoretical knowledge and practical design methodology for civil site design. The incumbent will design/configure the planning of site layout, design proposed utilities, relocation of existing utilities, prepare the proposed final grading/Erosion control, prepare the drainage calculations, inspect the construction work and ensure the installation of site utilities, earthwork, and site improvements.
- Work with multi-discipline engineering project teams to support large and small engineering and EPCm projects.
- Ensure thorough understanding of each project scope, specifications, and design criteria.
- Prepare reports, design criteria, estimates, designs, and drawings.
- Strong design skills in planning, utilities, site layout, grading and roadways including storm water and earthwork calculations.
- Review drawings, providing technical advice on safe designs and construction.
- Obtain planning and/or site/building regulation approvals with varying jurisdictions.
- Work and communicate effectively with other disciplines (architects and engineers).
- Monitor and inspect all work undertaken by contractors.
- Administer sub-contracts & manage civil projects (schedules, proposals, scopes of work).
- Inspect geotechnical properties to evaluate the site grading conditions.
- prepare preliminary study base maps (Previous drawings, InfraWorks, ArcGIS Pro etc.).
- Coordinate and inspect topographic surveys to evaluate existing conditions.
- Use computer aided software for storm water/drainage design and material takeoffs.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Licensed Professional Engineer at all levels of experience as a Civil Engineer with preferred experience in heavy or light industrial engineering projects.
- Experience with engineering services provider preferred.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revu, BIM360, Infraworks, Hydraflow, ArcGIS Pro.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Well organized, analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Will need to be a good communicator and able to simultaneously manage multiple projects and clients.
- The successful candidate will display an investigative nature and must be accurate, commercially aware and have great communication skills with a keen interest in ensuring the safety and physical integrity of projects.
- They will have proven budget and schedule management skills with great knowledge of construction processes, materials, and code regulations.