Commercial Property Manager
Organization: Midland Atlantic Properties
Salary: based on experience
- Are you looking for an opportunity that offers professional and financial growth?
- Do you want to make an impact as part of a healthy, collaborative team?
- Are you excited to give back and make a difference in the communities you serve?
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
In just over two decades, with a 40+ year executive track record, the managing principals of Midland Atlantic Properties have developed a strong foundation and assembled a team of highly talented professionals who work together to provide full-service retail real estate solutions. Based in Cincinnati with an office in Indianapolis, the firm has two key areas of focus:
- Development and Acquisitions:From ground up development to acquisition of both grocery anchored and underperforming assets, their years of experience has led us to prompt and thorough evaluation of opportunities.
- Brokerage:As experienced brokers, developers, and owners – they have the national retailer contacts and extensive market knowledge to help best position tenants and other property owners for success.
Currently managing more than 40 shopping centers in 14 states, the property management division is the cornerstone of Midland’s success as well as those of third-party owners. By continually working to maintain the quality of the assets to the highest standard, maximizing the value received by tenants and maintaining professional and accurate financial records, Midland sets the standard in asset management.
Midland Atlantic is seeking an experienced Commercial Property Manager to oversee property operations and lease administration for a portfolio of retail shopping centers in a high-performance team environment. Primary responsibilities of the position will include:
- Day to day operations management including, but not limited to, facilities operations, tenant relations, lease administration, capital project planning, budgeting
- Monthly and quarterly reporting on operations and variances benchmarking performance.
The right candidate will have the ability to work independently but will also require a collaborative mindset as the position will work closely with multiple departments to plan and execute special site projects, develop budgets, create, and implement operating procedures and review potential acquisition properties.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Handle day to day operations for grocery anchored retail shopping centers in a variety of geographic locations with goals of exceptional property maintenance, expense management and NOI maximization.
- Oversee remote on-site, third-party facilities maintenance teams, vendors, and service providers.
- Periodically perform in-person inspections of properties to ensure proper maintenance of the property’s public, common and tenant spaces and conduct regular Tenant visits. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Develop scope of work for annual landscape, snow removal, sweeping, monitoring, trash, and all other required operations.
- Work with property support staff to identify local and national vendors and conduct RFP process.
- Award and coordinate annual and project-based contracts based on established policies and procedures.
- Oversee schedule for annual, quarterly, and seasonal services including, but not limited to, fire systems inspections, backflow testing and irrigation maintenance.
- Development of annual operating budgets, reforecasts, and multiyear capital budgets in collaboration with leadership and accounting.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial and operating reports on individual properties.
- Review and approve annual NNN reconciliations. Oversee distribution and collections of reconciliation invoices.
- Responsible for administration and enforcement of Lease terms, interpretation of operating clauses, maintenance responsibility and NNN charge language. Negotiate disputes.
- Collaborate with Construction and Asset Management to outline appropriate specifications for various capital and maintenance projects.
- On call for emergency notices 24/7.
THE KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Two or more years of multi-site commercial property management experience
- Experience with Yardi a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Based in the Cincinnati office (in Kenwood) with the ability to travel 2-3 nights per month
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Team player, willing to help where needed
- Creative problem solver
- Proactive and results oriented
- Community-minded, enjoys giving back
- Professional demeanor, builds authentic relationships
- Join a collaborative team within a financially sound, growing company
- Seize the opportunity for professional growth
- Enjoy a comprehensive and creative employee benefits package
- Make a difference in your community
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.