WHO WE ARE:
It’s an exciting time to be joining Jedson Engineering! We’re enjoying a sustained period of growth and have a great team who are passionate about their work in support of our clients in the pulp & paper, chemical, consumer products, and food & beverage. We have offices in the Midwest and across the Southeast and our new location in Salt Lake City. We’re family-owned and growing at an incredible pace. We’re also offering the opportunity to take your career in a new and exciting direction. It’s truly an outstanding time to join our business!
HOW WE WORK:
- At Jedson, you’ll experience a variety of projects in a high growth business.
- We provide a stable and versatile work environment where you’re surrounded by people who are passionate about their work.
- We trust each other and work together to meet our clients’ needs.
- We work as a team – and we like to have fun while we’re at it!
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This person will be working out of the Savannah, GA office but travelling to onsite project locations as needed. Some travel is required for this position. At a high level, the Construction Manager ensures projects run according to schedule, meeting financial objectives and Jedson’s core goals while exercising independent judgement.
- Plan, coordinate, and/or supervise activities of all company personnel on assigned projects.
- Organize and direct all construction-related activities related to EPCM projects to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule; meets accounting requirements; and is completed to quality standards.
- Skillfully navigates the wide array of tasks and responsibilities required to successfully deliver projects while providing the highest level of customer service.
- Coordinates pricing and proposals with contractors on projects. Monitors construction timeline and ensures that contractors are maintaining schedule and budgets.
- Review/approve monthly contractor billing to ensure request aligns with work completed to date.
- Closes out projects at completion, ensuring all final invoices and contractual commitments have been processed.
- Authorize/approve all project purchase requisitions, change requests, etc.
- Primary client contact for all project-field activities.
- Maintain official project log and documentation files.
- Interpret and implement and lead safety programs.
- Estimate task/project costs and work duration; develop schedules; coordinate labor, materials, and subcontractors, etc.
YOUR IDEAL BACKGROUND:
- 2- or 4-year degree in Engineering or Construction is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of Construction Management experience related to industrial and manufacturing facilities. (Facility and Plant engineers who have managed large projects as lead Project Engineer are acceptable); Pulp & Paper experience is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA rules and regulations as related to Construction work. OSHA certification preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including MS Project.
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and documents in order to manage projects and perform cost estimations for change orders, work completed, and work remaining.
- Organizational skills and ability to accurately track and submit job cost, schedule, and safety related details to office personnel.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and communicate effectively with clients, designers, engineers, field staff, suppliers/subcontractors, and other contractors at job sites.
- Ability to self-manage daily and weekly activities in order to aggressively complete project and management requirements.
- Ability to re-organize project tasks and priorities as necessary to ensure client’s project milestones are met.
- Ability to lead others.