Director of Sales and Business Development
Director of Sales and Business Development
Organization: Hamilton Caster
Salary: based on experience
- Would you like to have experience working as the top sales executive in a best-in-class manufacturing environment?
- Do you want to join a team of makers, innovators, and doers?
- Are you ready to work for a company that treats their employees and customers with great energy and service?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
At Hamilton Caster’s new State-of-the-Art climate-controlled manufacturing facility, they provide world class manufacturers with superior material handling products that enable their customers to build their products better – fighter jets, aircraft carriers, automobiles, and bulldozers to name just a few. Without a dedicated workforce, Hamilton Caster could not effectively meet their customers’ needs.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Director of Sales and Business Development will lead a team that consists of an experienced outside sales team and robust inside sales team. The Director will lead this group through innovation and business development driving excellence in sales and the customer experience.
- Business Development: Develop & lead new business development strategies to gain new customers and grow the business of existing customers to meet or exceed the company’s aggressive growth goals.
- Strategic Sales Management: Use of formal sales management tools to include the development of Target Account/Prospect lists, account penetration strategies and tactics, opportunity creation and management as well as sales employee evaluations and development.
- Key Account and Distributor Management: Key account management of HC’s top five distributors. Works with the distributor’s product management team to develop customized growth strategies for each of Hamilton’s five major distributors.
- Become Industry Expert: Quickly gain product & application knowledge to become a product expert and thought leader of Hamilton Caster’s products. Acquire an industry-leading working knowledge and understanding of Hamilton’s marketplace, competitors, industry trends, equipment, materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Variable Compensation Planning: Develop & manage an effective compensation plan for the outside sales team.
- Customer Experience Oversight: The Sales Leader will have oversight of the customer service and fulfillment process and will coordinate internally with production and service entities to ensure timely responsiveness.
- Annual Planning and Development: Based on company strategy, create a sales plan that includes account assignments and sales goals (by product division) for outside salespeople. Further, assign and oversee target accounts for each member of the sales team. Create a specific action plan for both direct customers and distributors. Create an annual development plan for sales team members based on regular evaluations.Conduct formal, annual account reviews (with key customers and distributors) to identify issues and opportunities for additional sales. Collaborate with the Director of Marketing with aspect to tradeshows, and industry-related conferences.
- Quarterly, Monthly and Weekly Management:Conduct formal quarterly sales reviews. Present monthly sales report for President. This will include a brief sales overview; as well as key proactive activities. Prepare monthly forecast to address expected bookings for the upcoming month. Spend a minimum of one week per month visiting customers & prospects. Participate in regular senior team meetings. Review sales calendars and open opportunities. Lead weekly sales review meeting. Conduct problem solving events as needed.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 10 years of B2B industrial sales experience (with at least three years of some form of sales management experience).
- Experience in both technical design-in sales with end-users and distribution is a requirement.
- Previous experience in putting together formal annual sales plans and field customer meetings. Proactive selling is also a must
- Evidence of successfully driving sales growth within a territory, branch and/or company is a must.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 5 days per month.
- Candidate should be commutable to facility in Hamilton, Ohio.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and communication skills with the ability to interact confidently at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrated ability to identify business opportunities, develop sales strategies, and close deals successfully.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Goal-driven, self-motivated, and capable of working both independently and within a team.
With a 116-year legacy of quality, innovation and family ownership/management, your impact will span the nation. You will roll up your sleeves along with the entire organization and do the work to build a better world. They don’t just talk about progress and innovation. They make it happen.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.