For almost 30 years our client has provided full-service engineering, procurement and construction management services to industrial process manufacturers within pharmaceutical, pulp & paper, chemical, consumer product and food & beverage markets. With offices in Cincinnati, Southeast (Savannah, Mobile, Raleigh, Greenville) and Salt Lake City, our client enjoys a superb reputation stemming from its culture which is solution-oriented, entrepreneurial and devoid of bureaucracy.
Our client seeks experienced professionals to support its nationwide EPC business development efforts within their consumer products and/or food & beverage markets. Successful candidates will shape the vertical “go to market” strategy and marshal resources in a strong “team” environment. This individual will be directly responsible for lead generation, prospect cultivation, proposal management, contract closing and account guardianship. They will support significant clients and their related projects, participating in project management and client relationship management.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Within the given vertical segment, candidates (depending on their level of experience), will be responsible for:
- Winning profitable business from new and existing clients. Establishing prospect / client needs, qualifying prospects, working with engineering and other internal resources to effectively communicate value and working with internal teams to prepare pricing and contracts.
- Managing and executing a client centered (i.e. solution oriented) sales process to burnish our client’s reputation as a value-added partner.
- Coordinating with Marketing to develop / augment industry collateral.
- Networking and serving as a thought leader in their respective industries.
- Understanding competitor capabilities and returning market intelligence on how competitors are viewed and utilized by clients and prospects.
- Working in a matrix organization to ensure projects sold are staffed with the appropriate resources.
- Supporting one or more key clients.
- Participating in the project management of engagements you sell as appropriate.
- Serving as the key client contact to deepen and widen the relationship.
- Managing other business development team members.
IDEAL CANDIDATES’ QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate must have:
- A deep understanding of engineering services and/or construction (at least 10 yrs. experience),
- A successful track record of selling engineering or construction management services to consumer products and/or food and beverage, and
- Current and relevant contacts among prospects and existing clients in specific vertical market
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
- Have earned a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or have an extensive track record of experience selling for any established engineering firm,
- Be results-oriented, proactive and confident,
- Evidence excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral),
- Demonstrate a keen understanding of target client needs, and
- Possess a sincere desire and ability to work within a team environment (and a history of having done so).