Human Resources Director
Organization: Silco Fire & Security
Salary: $125,000 - $150,000 plus incentives
- Do you want to join a fast-growing, family-owned market leader in a key leadership role?
- Are you looking for an opportunity to become a strategic partner to a talented leadership team?
- Are you experienced in all areas of HR, including talent acquisition and retention, employee relations and engagement, compensation, benefits, and leadership development?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Silco Fire & Security helps protect people and property for over 35,000 businesses throughout Ohio and its surrounding areas by maintaining, monitoring, and installing fire protection and security systems to keep customers’ facilities safe and in compliance. Silco is Ohio’s market leader and employs 375 people with headquarters in Cincinnati and branch operations in Dayton, Columbus, Akron, and Cleveland. They have a long-standing track record of year-over-year revenue growth and have aggressive goals for the future. They are family owned and managed and are a Top Workplace Award recipient.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Reporting to the President and leading a team of five, the Human Resources Director is based in Cincinnati and responsible for the overall leadership and effectiveness of Silco’s human resource management function. Primary areas of focus include creating and implementing a leadership development program, attracting, and developing top talent, growing employee engagement, improving the performance review and feedback process, ensuring compliance, and administering a robust and competitive benefits program. Key performance objectives include:
- Build relationships with Senior Leadership teammates, other members of the management team, and others within the company.
- Hire and develop an exceptional team of HR professionals while utilizing outside partners where appropriate.
- Embrace the company’s values and exhibit leadership behavior in alignment with these values.
- Learn the culture and operations of the company by spending time with employees in various job functions.
- Identify how the HR team can help support the operations of the business, improve employee’s experience, and help the company reach its operational and financial goals.
- Administer all benefits and ensure compliance:
- Oversee company benefits including 401k, Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Aflac, etc.
- Administer FMLA, Workers Compensation, Unemployment, Affirmative Action.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations and manage all required filings.
- Success will be measured in part by the achievement of specific KPI’s around recruiting, retention, employee engagement, employee development, and budget management.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and prior experience leading HR departments and operations teams
- SHRM Certification preferred
- Experience supporting a frontline hourly workforce
- Strong leadership, teamwork, change management and program management skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with staff at all levels
- Highly competent in Human Resources concepts, practices, systems, and procedures.
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Humble, positive, and energetic personality
- Works steadily and diligently to ensure a project is fully realized
- Champions sound ideas
- Reflective, persistent, composed, and dependable
- Fact-oriented, process-oriented, and logical
- Focused on interpersonal relationships by being empathetic and compassionate
Join the leadership team of a growing and thriving family-oriented company and bring your human resources expertise to cultivate an engaged and talented workforce.
Target base salary is in the $125K – $150K range, plus incentives. In addition, Silco offers a wide range of benefits, such as medical/dental insurance, Aflac, disability coverage, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 401K program with generous company match, paid holidays/vacation/personal time, annual holiday bonus and annual Kings Island and Cedar Point family days.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.