- Are you looking for an opportunity to develop and lead the HR function for a light assembly/distributor in Cincinnati?
- Would you enjoy rolling up your sleeves and handling all areas of Human Resources in a fast-paced setting?
- Do you desire to be part of a fast-growing, family-owned organization?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
LEM Products prides themselves on being a leader in meat & game processing equipment. Their goal is simple: deliver high-quality products to hunters, processors, and home cooks. LEM’s assortment of products makes it easy to process, prepare, and preserve your harvest and foods. They carry over 800 different products that you can purchase online or in more than 3,500 retail stores throughout the US and Canada.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (JOB SUMMARY)
Reporting to the Owner/Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Human Resources Manager is responsible for the overall coordination and effectiveness of LEM’s human resources management function. Primary area of focus includes attracting and developing talent, onboarding, developing, overseeing and administering employment policies and programs, ensuring agency compliance, and administering benefits. Key performance objectives include:
- Employment Practices: Effectively manage the company’s employment practices and programs, ensuring the needs of the workforce are met and LEM remains in compliance with all federal and state mandates.
- Trusted Advisor: Foster positive employee relations by serving in an advisory capacity to the management team and workforce.
- Workforce Development: Coordinate and track employee training and development to support current and future workforce development needs.
- Talent Acquisition + Retention: Recruit and onboard employees in alignment with company and departmental goals to ensure that the organization attracts and retains the right talent.
- Benefits Administration: Manage the process of updating benefit programs, enrolling employees, and ensuring employees understand the available plans.
- Department/Program Budgeting
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- SHRM-SCP and/or SPHR preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in human resources required with previous functional start up experience preferred
- Strong leadership, teamwork, change management and program management skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of employee benefits and compensation policy and procedures
- Demonstrated experience attracting top talent and developing talent
- Demonstrated general business acumen
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing HR policies and processes
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment
- Big thinker and low ego – willing to work where the need is
- Takes initiative, builds consensus, and acts as a trusted advisor
- Effective communication skills at all levels of an organization
- Ability to interface and collaborate with diverse workforce across all levels of the company
- Effective decision-making skills
- Play a key role in the growth and success of the organization
- Opportunity to lead the HR function for a great local company
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.