Organization: Hi-Tek Manufacturing
Salary: based on experience
- Does being a key contributor at a family-owned company appeal to you?
- Are you a proactive, creative, hands-on problem solver?
- Does supporting the aerospace and military industries excite you?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Hi-Tek Manufacturing has been in business for over 40 years and operates a state-of-the-art 125,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility. Based in northern Cincinnati, they focus on customer service and quality standards, and have grown to provide a full scope of manufacturing services for the gas turbine and aerospace industries, servicing all the major turbine engine OEMs. Hi-Tek sets the industry standard by providing highly engineered, complex component manufacturing and assembly utilizing state of the art machinery and processes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
The Manufacturing Engineer provides hands on support on the manufacturing floor to develop new processes, improve existing processes, train and mentor machine operators and machinists and find solutions to manufacturing issues.
- Assist production control in routing and re-routing legacy components to ensure deliveries are met, which may include designing different manufacturing methods or utilizing different machining resources.
- Performs tooling layouts and concepts, including datum structures on intended machines.
- Assist in identifying or auditing root causes and corrective action of nonconforming parts.
- Investigate and participate directly in Material Review Board actions.
- Devise and implement continuous improvement ideas on all ongoing jobs.
- Complete quotes on projects that may require any or all the processing disciplines at Hi-Tek and the normal o/v items (i.e., shotpeen, coating, brazing, etc.)
- Setup and operate machines or processes required to process jobs per drawings and specs.
- Complete projects that consistently meet or exceed cost, schedule, quality, and customer specification requirements.
- Read and understand the blueprints and drawings of customer parts within the ME responsibility.
- Complete 1st article data to assure process or operation ready to release to the operator. Train operator as required by follow-on.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical degree in Manufacturing or Industrial Technology, Engineering, or related field or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Practical experience using CAD/CAM, Siemens NX or SolidWorks software knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of machine tools and their capabilities.
- Desire to develop automation for various machine tools and part handling systems.
- Prior experience with complex shapes and their workholding requirements
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills
- Must possess vision and creativity
- Ability to work multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to operate autonomously and self-direct
You could be an integral part of growth-oriented niche market family-owned and operated business who has an excellent reputation as both a development and production source for all major gas turbine manufacturers.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.