Salary: based on experience
- Are you excited about the opportunity to shape and optimize Chalfant’s quality management system?
- Can you see yourself collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure a culture of quality throughout the organization?
- Are you experienced in driving continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product or service quality?
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Chalfant is a subsidiary of OBO Bettermann which is a multinational manufacturer that is a leader in their industry. With a legacy spanning over a century, they have consistently expanded their global presence, underscoring their commitment to growth and excellence. Their reputation has been built on their steadfast dedication to unparallel quality, efficiency and service, a cornerstone of their operations as they cater to an ever-expanding customer demographic. Notably, their expertise extends across diverse sectors, encompassing construction and a myriad of industrial applications.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- ISO 9001 Management: Oversee the ISO 9001-based management system, ensuring its introduction, care, and maintenance.
- Audit Leadership: Lead certification, customer, and internal audits, with a focus on audit report evaluation and corrective measures.
- Stakeholder Liaison: Act as a representative on quality matters, both internally and externally, engaging with customers and relevant departments.
- Supplier Audits: Plan and execute supplier audits, collaborating on vulnerability resolution and implementation.
- Quality Advisor: Inform the management team about quality management approaches and standards, identifying areas for improvement.
- Improvement Initiatives: Develop and control quality improvement potentials and measures within the organization.
- Product Quality Oversight: Monitor product quality in the assigned production area based on specification documents, coordinating quality checks with department heads.
- Inspection Plans: Create and maintain product-specific inspection plans, defining test characteristics and equipment.
- Team Training: Train the production team on quality control techniques and work closely with department heads to enhance product quality.
- Issue Handling: Manage internal, customer, and supplier complaints, facilitating root cause analysis and corrective actions, and assess and approve reworked parts and assemblies.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management systems, basic quality-related statistics, and skilled in the application of the fundamentals of Quality Assurance and Quality Control.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Quality Management system documentation, auditing, and implementation.
- Experience as a quality auditor, preferably with Auditor certification or equivalent training, is a must.
- Proficiency in several of the following technologies Office workstation, CAQ software, ERP system, BDE system, task-specific testing and measuring equipment, OBIS, OBOX, Sage, Phoenix eMotion, Phoenix PDM, MS Office
KEY PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Consulting competence
- Social skills/ability to work in a team.
The payoff for this role is multifaceted. As the Quality Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on Chalfant’s quality management system, shaping it for continued excellence. Collaborating with cross-functional teams will allow you to foster a culture of quality throughout the company, ensuring that their products consistently meet the highest standards. With your experience in driving continuous improvement initiatives, you’ll play a vital role in enhancing their product and service quality. Additionally, you’ll benefit from working with a multinational leader in the industry, with a century-long legacy built on quality, efficiency, and service excellence. Your expertise will be valued and rewarded as they continue to grow and excel together.
Gilman Partners is committed to strengthening leadership teams and elevating the talent in our communities – and that means all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, ability, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or national origin. You don’t have to meet every qualification in this job description to apply. If you’re drawn to the position and believe your experience makes you a good fit, we encourage you to reach out.